Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I think people need to know that only 2 or 3 people actually know what’s going on. Club employees who work with the first team/development squads (or at least the two I know) haven’t a clue who it’s going to be. Anyone claiming to be itk at this stage is talking nonsense. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, MPH said:

Wait a minute… is there actually any proof we are appointing Maresca?

There’s no proof that we are appointing anyone because no one in the club is leaking anything. So anyone claiming to know anything is in fact bullshitting 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

There’s no proof that we are appointing anyone because no one in the club is leaking anything. So anyone claiming to know anything is in fact bullshitting 👍

to be honest anything less than Nigel Pearson bring brought into a press conference in the style of Apllo Creed entering the ring for the first time will be a bit of a let down for me..

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Slightly off topic, but I've always been a big believer that most manager's find a club (and vice versa) that just,  somehow, fit. Personality. Ability. Timing. Attitude.

Brian Little and Nigel Pearson for example both just fitted snug as a glove with us. Slightly dour. Slightly underdoggy. Slight chip on shoulder. Both sides - manager and fans - all thinking we could maybe do a bit better than this marriage. 

Instinctively Parker doesn't fit. Maresco neither. Perhaps the best 'fit' of names mentioned is Hasenhuttl (who I dont personally fancy)  

I actually think the same. I generally don’t think a personality should decide a suitability for a manager but I think there’s a genuine case here that whoever we appoint needs to talk a good game and have some honesty with it 

45 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Can't find a video of him anywhere speaking English. Doubt one exists! 

He started his career at West Brom and had 2 seasons (98/99 & 99/00 - with 47 appearances) there (under Brian Little for a while). So you're probably right, he doesn't speak English ....... but does, Black Country!

This I think is the weirdest thread ever in the history of foxestalk. 100s of us expecting an announcement. Switching between targets. Expecting a particular target -  all on the basis of some Twitter kids and betting habits that we (foxestalk) have probably encouraged. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a thread develop like this, ever. There is at least some genuine journalist opinion or ITK (worth listening to) who has some comment. 

This thread however, went from a Twitter post of a muppet who claimed Scott Parker was signed and based their ITK opinion on a picture of absolutely nothing outside seagrave to Enzo being appointed because of an updated Wikipage. 

**** Top and Rudkin for what they have done to us - we’ve gone mad. 

11 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yes but track record is much more an indicator than someone who has next to 0 first team managerial experience. Why would you not back a track record? Because some fans from Bmouth and Fulham give an opinion? Of course their fans forget about all the good times, as he got sacked in perilous position in the Prem. Our fans would do the same if someone asked us about Rodgers. As fans are fickle. 

I'm not saying that a track record is the sole indicator and that because of it he'll be a great appointment. I'm purely saying there is more factual evidence to suggest success in our current position of trying to get out of the championship, with someone who has proven to do it on multiple occasions. 

it doesn't really matter though - for the same reason fulham and bournemouth fans have an opinion of him, so do our fans - already - and there are so many red flags that it just feels like a terrible idea.  no one is saying it's a rational opinion, but what the fans feel is more important than what a manager achieved with another team in another situation.  As one poster said 'imagine parker announced on the first day of the season to a chorus of boos' - if the fans don't approve a manager is doomed (see Puel - he was hated from day one because of his reputation from southampton fans). what we need right now is an announcement to show we have some imagination and ambition and that the owners care what the fans think, to suggest that the board do know what they are doing - when we see Scott Parker we just gag and pray it's a mistake because it seems to suggest a lack of imagination, ambition, care and aptitude.