Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23575009.enzo-maresca-celtic-parallel-ange-insider-lifts-lid-parma/

Good article if you want to feel

more positive about him. Went in and tried to create total football but wasn’t given the time to get a young squad up to speed. Sounds like he was building something that he didn’t get the patience to build. Maybe with a a full pre-season and a say on the type of player he needs you get things rolling from the off. 🤷‍♂️

Good to hear that the players really warmed to him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23575009.enzo-maresca-celtic-parallel-ange-insider-lifts-lid-parma/

Good article if you want to feel

more positive about him. Went in and tried to create total football but wasn’t given the time to get a young squad up to speed. Sounds like he was building something that he didn’t get the patience to build. Maybe with a a full pre-season and a say on the type of player he needs you get things rolling from the off. 🤷‍♂️

Good to hear that the players really warmed to him. 

Less good to hear he took over a newly relegated club with left overs from the top league and some kids and struggled.

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Less good to hear he took over a newly relegated club with left overs from the top league and some kids and struggled.

Make no mistake, it’s very unlikely we go straight back up next season with the rebuild needed. It will be whether fans accept that and stick with him that will be the challenge as it’s likely to be vile.

I’m not saying that’s what I want by the way and I’ll probably be one that’ll lose patience in that scenario but it’s going to be a very tough season.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Make no mistake, it’s very unlikely we go straight back up next season with the rebuild needed. It will be whether fans accept that and stick with him that will be the challenge as it’s likely to be vile.

I’m not saying that’s what I want by the way and I’ll probably be one that’ll lose patience in that scenario but it’s going to be a very tough season.

And the longer we go without promotion, the harder it will be to get out. It will mean the squad quality will drop, finances will be harder and harder to control, especially with a complex like Seagrave. This is why this appointment is so critical and define our next few years. Before you know it, we're a mid-table championship side living off the days that were and chanting "champions of england, you'll never singing that" to Rotherham and Plymouth for a long time.

Get it right, and we can get straight back, get it wrong and we'll be in the Championship for years. Get it very wrong and , well I don't even want to think about it. I just don't trust people at the club to get it right, I hope I'm wrong 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

And the longer we go without promotion, the harder it will be to get out. It will mean the squad quality will drop, finances will be harder and harder to control, especially with a complex like Seagrave. This is why this appointment is so critical and define our next few years. Before you know it, we're a mid-table championship side living off the days that were and chanting "champions of england, you'll never singing that" to Rotherham and Plymouth for a long time.

Get it right, and we can get straight back, get it wrong and we'll be in the Championship for years. Get it very wrong and , well I don't even want to think about it. I just don't trust people at the club to get it right, I hope I'm wrong 

Glad it’s not just me on the doom and gloom train.

14 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Rob Tanners posted on an article on the Athletic  he thinks it'll be Maresca.

Manchester City assistant coach Enzo Maresca (pictured above, with Jack Grealish) is emerging as the front runner to become the next permanent Leicester boss.
The club still have other options to weigh up and a deal for Maresca is not finalised but he is becoming an option that could lift the club following relegation; a managerial appointment that would excite the fanbase.
Maresca has come across well in the interview process and his style of play is similar to that of treble-winner Pep Guardiola, which has impressed the Leicester decision-makers —director of football Jon Rudkin and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha — but they are still to make a final decision.”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

If Maresca has come across well in the interview then just bloody appoint him. Don’t dilly dally around treating potential managers like mugs. 

Unfortunately Jon Rudkin and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha have demonstrated they are the fvckin masters of dilly dallying. How Rudkin is still at the club is beyond me.

7 hours ago, Matt said:

One can only assume more of what we’ve become accustomed to. Joy.

Only if you're a Charles Reep acolyte and make the asanine assumption that Rodgers style of play over the last 18 months is the only way to have possession. The city group teams have a lot of possession because they've got a far bigger budget and better squad than their competition, so teams set up in a low block against them and don't look to go toe to toe. But, the style on the ball is looking to use possession to break lines quickly and create chances, and to press with intensity on turnovers, forcing risky dribbles or low percentage passes from the opposing defenders. It's the polar opposite of what we played under Rodgers 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:
Manchester City assistant coach Enzo Maresca (pictured above, with Jack Grealish) is emerging as the front runner to become the next permanent Leicester boss.
The club still have other options to weigh up and a deal for Maresca is not finalised but he is becoming an option that could lift the club following relegation; a managerial appointment that would excite the fanbase.
Maresca has come across well in the interview process and his style of play is similar to that of treble-winner Pep Guardiola, which has impressed the Leicester decision-makers —director of football Jon Rudkin and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha — but they are still to make a final decision.”

Lol have they not realised to play the Pep Guardiola way you need to spend hundreds of millions and have outstanding footballers, otherwise it’ll be how it was under Rodgers when it was turgid. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

We seem to have dodged a massive bullet today. What are you depressed about?!

What’s the bullet that we have dodged?

Just the perceived lack of direction and no urgency to get things done. It’s always the same with this club.

Arteta is doing well now but his first two years at Arsenal was a bit of a train wreck. The articles I've read on Maresca looks like he also needs time and patience like Arsenal showed Arteta.

We are looking at someone who Celtic obviously didn't fancy, who are incidentally looking to appoint their/our old manager over him.

Let that just sink in for a moment.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Lol have they not realised to play the Pep Guardiola way you need to spend hundreds of millions and have outstanding footballers, otherwise it’ll be how it was under Rodgers when it was turgid. 

Kompany played great football last season with Burnley. You need millions ro win the treble but not to beat Championship teams.

• Like 2

Bit of a gamble if we appoint him, I question how well does Enzo Maresca know the Championship?

I suppose he will have a choice of decent Man City youth players which we could tap up on loan similar to Lampard at Derby a few seasons ago.

I have every faith he has been vigorously interviewed by the Leicester City board to ensure they appoint the right man for the job... :ermm:

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

We are looking at someone who Celtic obviously didn't fancy, who are now looking to appoint our their/our old manager over him.

Well surely Brendan can’t relegate Celtic in a 2 horse race for the title. He will have zero money @ Celtic probably best outcome for the clown, he cannot be trusted. 

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

We are looking at someone who Celtic obviously didn't fancy, who are incidentally looking to appoint their/our old manager over him.

.......so..........you.......would rather have Rodgers back?   

5 minutes ago, rgarner93 said:

Bit of a gamble if we appoint him, I question how well does Enzo Maresca know the Championship?

I suppose he will have a choice of decent Man City youth players which we could tap up on loan similar to Lampard at Derby a few seasons ago.

I have every faith he has been vigorously interviewed by the Leicester City board to ensure they appoint the right man for the job... :ermm:

pretty sure he played in the CCC for West Brom, could be wrong.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

IF we appoint Maresca, we need to have the balls to see it through and not just sack him if we are mid table half way through the year, we can't expect the rebuild to start halfway up the wall

As if we'd sack someone early.

• Haha 1