Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I’m happy to give Maresca a go. If he interviews best, then go go go. 

My concern would be that as he doesn’t have a backroom team in place as a more established Manager would, the club will try and keep the deadwood happy; Stowell and Saddler. They may even ask Shakey to stay on (although wouldn’t be against this one).

Personally I was hoping for a complete re-fresh. Manager, Assistant, 1st team Coach and Goalkeeping Coach. That looks unlikely with Maresca. 

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

What worries me is the size of the task at hand and giving it to an inexperienced manager. 

A foolish appointment in my opinion. 

50 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

I'd be happy with Maresca.

The only concern I have is the players you assume we'll be left with come the start of the season (KDH, Hamza, Iversen) don't really fit the 'total football' criteria - thus making our rebuild even bigger potentially.

But you would argue they are young enough to be coached by the right person? If they can’t then he’ll bring his own in? We should have a young enough team that should be able to be coached still and not stuck in Rodgers-ball. Justin, Thomas, Souttar, KDH, Hamza. Nacho may well stay now knowing Enzo from Man City days? You would think he will try and get the best out of Marc and Jamie still and they should be of quality and experience to be able to adapt still?

They tried to make us sign Scott Parker, we got Enzo, Enzo, Enzo 

Might’ve been Smith but he sent us down, Enzo, Enzo, Enzo

We ain’t got the time, Pep thinks he’s fine,

They tried to make us sign Scott Parker, we got Enzo, Enzo, Enzo 

• Like 1

Better choice than Gerrard, Parker, Farke or Lampard.

After all the faff I probably would’ve preferred Smith or Benitez weeks ago and our recruitment/sales being further down the line. 

Would love to know If Hutter was interested as if we’ve let him go then that’s a huge call. 

21 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Will be pretty easy to get a shit chant for him. 

I'm warming to the gamble of Enzo, even if it's just for the potential links. Good loan signings are essential. 

Knowing our fanbase - the chant will probably refer to this todger too 

• Haha 1

personally dont see what the problem is giving EM a chance

hows he meant to get experience if he isnt given a go, He's interested in the job and by the sounds of it probably wants it too, so in my view thats a good thing and by that feels confident enough he can do a job here

6 minutes ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

But you would argue they are young enough to be coached by the right person? If they can’t then he’ll bring his own in? We should have a young enough team that should be able to be coached still and not stuck in Rodgers-ball. Justin, Thomas, Souttar, KDH, Hamza. Nacho may well stay now knowing Enzo from Man City days? You would think he will try and get the best out of Marc and Jamie still and they should be of quality and experience to be able to adapt still?

I think Maresca has only been involved at Man City for a couple of years.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

What worries me is the size of the task at hand and giving it to an inexperienced manager. 

A foolish appointment in my opinion. 

You seem to have a negative opinion on everyone. Who would you appoint? 

13 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

But based on the reverse of that logic Parker could walk into any team in the championship and get them promoted just because he's done it before?

That’s not the reverse of that logic though is it. Clearly that’s not the case at all, but it’s about risk isn’t it.

Two promotions in two seasons against someone who has barely ever managed, but linked purely on the basis of Pep is just a lesser risk. 

There are other arguments against Parker I totally understand.

• Like 1