Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

If we are going for this, we’ll need an extended period of patience to allow Enzo to get his style across. Good news is, he’ll have to buy himself an entire new squad but the bad news this isn’t a club which needs another negative period. 

None of the names on the list take my breath away. If it’s Enzo, cool. The big problems still remain with the football club.

• Like 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

If we are going for this, we’ll need an extended period of patience to allow Enzo to get his style across. Good news is, he’ll have to buy himself an entire new squad but the bad news this isn’t a club which needs another negative period. 

None of the names on the list take my breath away. If it’s Enzo, cool. The big problems still remain with the football club.

lol Patience, our fanbase!? I'm expecting boo's at full time on the first day after we've lost the opener to Rotherham.

There's no point in getting too upset or too happy about a managerial appointment.  I would think there's half a dozen managers out there that have the potential to get us promoted, but the operative word is potential. There are no guarantees in football - we all know that.

Enzo, Potter, Smith, Parker all could do a job here but at some point we'll go with one, and we'll all back them and the team.

I just want them in sooner rather than later.  Get in, come up with a plan and start working the plan. Immediately.

• Like 2

Just now, Chelmofox said:

FT - I want a 'left field' appointment. Not the boring typical candidates like Smith or Parker. Look what Burnley did with Vincent Kompany! I want someone we can all get behind!

Ok, what about Enzo Maresca. Man City had a half decent season and he is raring to go again into management again.

FT - But i've never heard of him! 

Peps assistant last season. You know, treble and all that.

FT - But he won't know the championship, and he's never got a team promoted

You wanted a left field appointm..........

FT - And Man City play all that tippy tappy crap. I want direct exciting football.

But Burnley won the league playing a largely possession game with a manager with not championship experi......

FT - Unless you give me Nigel Pearson back i'm going to scream. This bloody club!  

My thoughts exactly said not long ago on this thread about people saying they don't want a manager from the usual candidates they want a more adventurous appointment. Then proceed to complain about it whether it's because of experience or something else.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

lol Patience, our fanbase!? I'm expecting boo's at full time on the first day after we've lost the opener to Rotherham.

It'll be well before full time when the faithful will have left to take up their positions in a traffic jam. 

• Like 1

Complete risk this one but a calculated one- learnt from the best - can he do it in the championship- who bloody knows but its got to be better than parker or smith- best thing about this one for me is the direct line into man citys youngsters - surely we would have 2 in on loan almost immediately

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

Just get it done so we can obsessively check the transfer section rather than the next manager thread 

Indeed. The migration of my anxiety from the manager thread to the transfer section will mean this summer will finally start feeling like summer.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

What worries me is the size of the task at hand and giving it to an inexperienced manager. 

A foolish appointment in my opinion. 

All the more reason to give it to an eager newbie, for me.

Would a tired, been-there-done-that appointment relish the challenge?

If Rudkin and the board's strategy is to abandon all responsibility to the manager then maybe Maresca is a good shout for the long term, since we need a transformation and his relationship with Pep brings some much needed positivity to the club. That said, I had no idea he existed four days ago and I'm still only gingerly spelling his surname.

21 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Better choice than Gerrard, Parker, Farke or Lampard.

After all the faff I probably would’ve preferred Smith or Benitez weeks ago and our recruitment/sales being further down the line. 

Would love to know If Hutter was interested as if we’ve let him go then that’s a huge call. 

Hutter probably rejected us