Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Ryy said:

As he done well at PL2 I really hope he promotes Youth. Maswanhise, Wanya, Nelson, Alves, Braybrooke and Opoku 😍😍

Given how thin our squad is likely to be I think it's inevitable a fair few youth teamers will be making the bench at least.

Ideal candidate for me would probably have been Potter but he doesn't fancy it obviously.

I also like Hutter but would have preferred him if we were in the PL. Again, no way does he come here now anyway.

Maresca I see as a very good alternative choice. What it also would do is get fans to give him a chance and start the season on a positive.

If we got Smith, Parker, Gerrard, Lampard type appointments I would feel the fans would be less happy and thus season starts with that slight negativity.

• Like 1

Calling it now 

We get this man in, languishing around mid table come February 

Parker goes in at Leeds and they storm the league 

Hope to god I'm wrong but I can see this being a disaster, probably the biggest appointment choice in our recent history and this is the way we are going 

I can get behind this and, dare I say it, I'd be quite excited! He's clearly got something about him, has probably learnt a lot from his time at Parma and yeah, working under Pep will obviously have also helped him. As others have said, it'd good to get in a couple of talented young players from Man City also, avoids us having to spend bigger money on permanent players at this point.

And as a fellow bearded bald man, that's just the icing on the cake!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Calling it now 

Hope to god I'm wrong but I can see this being a disaster, probably the biggest appointment choice in our recent history and this is the way we are going 

So you want Parker?

Also, it’s not like he’s completely alien to the league….. after all he played for West Brom as a young player so he has experience as a player in England, albeit a long time ago…. But that shouldn’t matter, he should have an understanding of the English game, that would only have improved working with Pep.

If he is truly a good coach, brings a good team with him, and we do actually give him the funding to build a decent squad, then he has everything he needs to succeed. 

The problems arise with inexperienced managers when they don’t have the resources to implement their style….. most managers need the backing, so hopefully we don’t make any more mistakes, give him the backing, tap into Man City’s academy….. could work this. 

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

Calling it now 

You can’t call that though…… would you have called the same if it was Kompany? Like I said if we give him the right tools, then he should do well…. He can’t be a bad coach if he is working with Man City? 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

So you want Parker?

Not my first choice by a long way, but considering the position we are in and the background he has in this league I would take him a hundred times over before Enzo Maresca 

Fulham and Bournemouth fans can slate him as much as they want, but the man got them promotion, they sit in a league at the moment that his work carried them to, would rather be in their position then ours 

1 minute ago, copunk said:

Calling it now 

Of course it's a risk. But after the toxicity of last season, we to find a way to make watching Leicester an enjoyable experience again - a complete refresh. Judging from the views of Bournemouth and Fulham fans, Scott Parker would not have been able to provide that. 

If it is Maresca, the club has clearly decided to take a risk rather than play it safe. Yes, it could go either way. But I'm happy we've done something a bit leftfield because I think that's what we need.

• Like 3

Just now, Lionator said:

'Knowing the league' is such a stupid term anyway. 

Two of three promoted sides last season had managers who had never managed in the Championship before last season. 

Parker knows the league well because he has never been able to succeed anywhere else. 

4 minutes ago, copunk said:

Not my first choice by a long way, but considering the position we are in and the background he has in this league I would take him a hundred times over before Enzo Maresca 

Fulham and Bournemouth fans can slate him as much as they want, but the man got them promotion, they sit in a league at the moment that his work carried them to, would rather be in their position then ours 

I suppose the best proof that you are never going to make everyone happy. But personally i have no energy to get behind Parker as an appointment.