Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Will give him a fair crack of the whip as I would have done to any appointment that wasn't in the Lampard/Gerrard category of shite. 

However think it's quite a big gamble by the club if this is the route we go down. I would say we have 1, maybe 2 at best seasons to get back up before we are financially ruined and be stuck down there for another decade or more, so Enzo has to get us promoted, no ifs or buts from the toughest league in the world as probably 12 clubs in the league are thinking the same. As others have mentioned will be interesting what he does with coaching staff as can't imagine Pep will let him take anyone with him so could be left with alot of the old shite from bygone eras, although Claudio didn't bring many with him so not a huge negative.

Hopefully we have first dibs on Man City youngsters like Palmer etc to bring in on loan with that relationship. It will either be brilliant or another Paulo Sousa where after 15 games we're nearer bottom than top and he will get the bullet.

What slightly concerns me is Celtic interviewed him and seemingly chose Rodgers over him, even after all the drama of him leaving first time round. 

Atleast it seems now we have our man, just meed to ship off half the squad and bring 10 through the door now between now and August, hopefully the head of recruitment has made a big head start on that and names start to filter in and out over the next couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Parker knows the league well because he has never been able to succeed anywhere else. 

I suppose the best proof that you are never going to make everyone happy. But personally i have no energy to get behind Parker as an appointment. 

I guess this is why football is so great, can all have a different opinion

Of course I will back Enzo as it's looking like he will be the man the club trusts, I just feel it's too much of a risk 

I pray I'm wrong 

I find it hard to be too excited about these potential loans.

We're suppose to be building our team not training others.

If we use them as stop-gaps I'm not against them of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Well, at least Maresca half-rhymes with Leicester. 

To the tune of Copacabana (a terrace classic, obvs): 

His name is Enzo

He came to Leicester

Won the treble with Pep in Manchester

His name is Enzo

Enzo Maresca

Winning’s his passion, he’s always in fashion

Marescaaaaaaaaaa… we are in love

Of all the managers we have been linked with, this would have been my choice.

Fingers crossed if he is the guy we’ve identified, we can get it done asap and start about getting his coaching team in, then we can start working on our squad.

A short turn around, from winning the Champions League to tackling the Championship.

Pie in the sky thinking here.

You’ve got to think that if we get Enzo, it will be fully with Pep and Man City’s blessing. Pep is off in 2025 and Man City will be legacy planning. They’ll be hoping that Enzo will be able to demonstrate that he’s able to work towards replicating Pep’s style. Whether they’ll line him up to takeover from Pep will depend on how well his time at Leicester (or wherever) goes. 

As such, think we’ll get some decent loan offerings from Man City, Palmer maybe. I think it will also make us an appealing loan destination for other elite clubs. Here’s hoping. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

We need so many players I don't think there's any other way.

Also building our team sounds great, but realistically anyone good just leaves anyway. Fofana, Chilwell, Maguire, Mahrez, Kante, etc. We make money on permanenet signings, but we can also love money on them too. With these gulf states taking over Premier league clubs I think we might need to accept that we need loan signings on a more consistent basis. Sad but probably true...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The most important thing is at this stage is getting promoted. We shouldn't fill the team with loans, but 2/3 quality loan signings could make a massive difference. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

You’ve got to think that if we get Enzo, it will be fully with Pep and Man City’s blessing. Pep is off in 2025 and Man City will be legacy planning. They’ll be hoping that Enzo will be able to demonstrate that he’s able to work towards replicating Pep’s style. Whether they’ll line him up to takeover from Pep will depend on how well his time at Leicester (or wherever) goes. 

As such, think we’ll get some decent loan offerings from Man City, Palmer maybe. I think it will also make us an appealing loan destination for other elite clubs. Here’s hoping. 

Think if City go down that route Kompany will be ahead of him so wouldn’t worry too much.

• Like 1

Just now, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

What slightly concerns me is Celtic interviewed him and seemingly chose Rodgers over him, even after all the drama of him leaving first time round. 

I have no concerns with this at all. Celtic are in a very different position to us and will be looking to try and do better in the champions league next season. They may have concluded they needed more experience for that but that doesnt mean they may have considered him a bad candidate. I don't think we would have been appointing Enzo if we were in the PL. We've taken this type of route due to our circumstances.

Furthermore, the Rodgers appointment could still fall through. I can imagine he will be going in with all his control demands etc and the guy is a grade A pric*.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

We need so many players I don't think there's any other way.

Also building our team sounds great, but realistically anyone good just leaves anyway. Fofana, Chilwell, Maguire, Mahrez, Kante, etc. We make money on permanenet signings, but we can also love money on them too. With these gulf states taking over Premier league clubs I think we might need to accept that we need loan signings on a more consistent basis. Sad but probably true...

Good point about the number of players we'll need. I accept we'll need to use them.

We should be readying--and giving minutes too--an academy or a young signing to take their place in the long term, however.

The idea of being reliant on a brilliant loan who only gets recalled in Jan (see Barnes and West Brom) doesn't excite me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

It just seems to be the City Group way - when Pep eventually leaves Man City there will be a bunch of his former proteges in the frame. Kompany, Arteta - Maresca could be one too.

29 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

Why? He has never played or coached in England, did an ok job in Germany.. Farke and Parker are much stronger candidates than him as they know the league and have won promotion twice. 

Christ 

27 minutes ago, copunk said:

Calling it now 

We get this man in, languishing around mid table come February 

Parker goes in at Leeds and they storm the league 

Hope to god I'm wrong but I can see this being a disaster, probably the biggest appointment choice in our recent history and this is the way we are going 

Other way round Leeds in turmoil by December Parker sacked while Leicester City sit top of the league :cool:

12 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

I think it might be too soon by 2025 for Maresca to go there. 

I reckon it'll be Arteta, or perhaps even Kompany. 

Actually excited by this!

Harwood-Bellis, Tommy Doyle, Callum Doyle and McAtee all had good seasons in the Championship last year on loan from Man City - all getting promoted or making the play off final. They breed winners there, could do a lot worse than getting a couple of loans in.

• Like 4