Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 hours ago, bald reynard said:

I think the choices made (by him or us) on his Coaching team, will be paramount on success - especially for a promotion battle, rather than a longish rebuilding scheme.

I say, 'by him or us', as I genuinely think we need input on his Assistants and not just rely on his picks (as is often the case with experienced incoming Managers). I would hope we also get one or two Coaches with a good knowledge of the Championsip. Perhaps even the likes of Shakey being kept on?!

Completely agree with this. Choice of Assistant Coaches and backroom staff is crucial. He'll obviously need his own people (from Man City, Spain, Italy or wherever - who he knows from his work before), but I think we need to ensure a couple of his team must have some Championship experience (it is a very hard League in terms of its pressures). Perhaps staff connected with City (Shakey, or past Coaches / Players - though I hope Stowell finally gets the boot), but certainly knowledgeable with this level of football.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I totally respect what hes done and achieved for us!!... 

But he's had his day (and it was magical)... 

Vardy is not the future. 

He is the present though and will be unreal in the championship- our current future is this 1 next season- will define the next 20 - viva la vardy 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Get Esteban in as part of his staff

“It is understood that Leicester have sought the opinion of Esteban Cambiasso, their former player who is close to the club hierarchy.”

That’s hoooot!!! Make it happen Enzo lad

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jv1 said:

He is the present though and will be unreal in the championship- our current future is this 1 next season- will define the next 20 - viva la vardy 

He'll be out injured for half the games.. and the rest he'll be incapable of playing 90 mins. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Get Esteban in as part of his staff

“It is understood that Leicester have sought the opinion of Esteban Cambiasso, their former player who is close to the club hierarchy.”

I will absolutely blow my bolt if Esteban steps in as Assistant Manager :wub:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eblair said:

Really think poor appointment. Club has lost identity and keep moving towards this possession style of play that saw us completely lose the club we have always followed.

Would have been much happier with Michael Duff or Richie Wellens. Think people running the club are totally out of touch with what sort of club we are

Wellens plays that style of football. 

Vardy still has a place for me. Might find a new lease of life under an inspiring manager. Hutter or Enzo for me. I could get behind both of those because they are not sterile, boring appointments. Both risky. Both will need time and patience. 

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

Really think poor appointment. Club has lost identity and keep moving towards this possession style of play that saw us completely lose the club we have always followed.

Would have been much happier with Michael Duff or Richie Wellens. Think people running the club are totally out of touch with what sort of club we are

We lost our way playing rodgers ball possession football with a squad that weren’t fit and couldn’t be arsed 

done properly and mixed up (as is now becoming the way ) it’s a good watch and is pretty much where you have to be 

9 minutes ago, eblair said:

Despite being 300+ pages of nonsense in this thread, this comment has to be top 5 weirdest 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The notion the style of football is what lost our football club is bizarre. 

It’s really not, the consensus that the club  should try and play a possession style game is part of the problem. How we ended up with slow laborious safe passing under Brendan and will happen again

Reason why Brentford did so well. We cannot compete trying to play same game as the big 6. Might be fine in the championship but would love us to try and be Leicester again, as opposed to being a mini Man City 

Which is all I see happening by appointing city’s assistant (looking at Arteta)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1