Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

People just assume he's good because he's at Man City and he's got a high potential score on computer games.

The vast majority of people wanking themselves off over Cole Palmer have never seen him play, or if they have it was for 20 seconds and he barely got a touch off the bench. Has he even scored a professional goal?

You're absolutely right.. 

He'll probably be sacked 10 games in when we're bottom of the table 😂

7 minutes ago, eblair said:

Appointment stinks of just looking at City, Burnley and Arsenal; and going it has worked for all of them

Will get 3 players from city on loan this year if it happens. Just strikes me of following football consensus cos it’s worked for other teams

But there are hardly any clubs in the world who have a style in their "DNA". There's nothing wrong with pragmatic possession based football, we just need a manager with a brain to get his ideas to work. That's the problem with rodgers not having more than 50% possession (which as has been said nearly every team in the top half of the Premier league has and also multiple teams who have been promoted from the championship in recent years).

Guest glasgowfox
40 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Vardy can do one!!.. 

He's finished anyway. 

Shame on you even if as you say he is finished....absolute legend and deserves respect whatever he decides to do.  

Just now, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I’ve never actually read it? What was said about Cambiasso?

Said that he behaved more like a member of the coaching staff than a teammate or something along those lines.

9 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Looking like Maresca isn't it with all the waiting. 

you what, we've literally got Percy saying it alongside Sam Wallace who's a high tier source for Man City

Edited by LFox99

5 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I’ve never actually read it? What was said about Cambiasso?

I'm paraphrasing...but vardy didn't like him, he thought that cambiasso thought he was more important than the team and everyone should listen to him. I'll see if I can find the passage later to make sure I'm getting that right ...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, eblair said:

It’s really not, the consensus that the club  should try and play a possession style game is part of the problem. How we ended up with slow laborious safe passing under Brendan and will happen again

Reason why Brentford did so well. We cannot compete trying to play same game as the big 6. Might be fine in the championship but would love us to try and be Leicester again, as opposed to being a mini Man City 

Which is all I see happening by appointing city’s assistant (looking at Arteta)

So we should play counter attack indefinitely because that’s what worked for us in 2015-16?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

If it is Maresca he will need time. 

We will need to be patient till Christmas at least.

He's got his work cut out coaching what we have left in the changing room when the dust settles.

That depends ; the club will give him time and the match day supporters will do as well. On here - two matches maximum with some. As usual with them it will be impossible to believe that we can get beaten. The guy is going to be nearly devoid of creative midfielders as it stands , in fact he will be needing to get players in immediately so the board had better get the chequebook ready.

• Like 1