Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

11 hours ago, Old Fox said:

He was not a bad player in England ….my point was more someone that has experienced the English game ….personally would take a Gerrard/Potter/Hassenhutl over an overseas newbie …..just my view 

...you do not look too far from your own backyard!!!

This mentality is probably what our present owners are thinking, we need to shake them out of their myopia!!

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I don’t mind Deano, if Terry sticks around, but only if Sadler goes. There is still too much Rodgerism in the existing coaching team.

I like the fact that he went for it in the earlier games. Brough Nacho back and dropped Ndidi, though disappointed he has reversed that and never thought of Mendy.  If only he has Albrighton at his disposal given that he seems to want to bring back some of the counter attacking game we used to have.

I think with a proper summer to prepare, he can do much better. 

...I  am sure he does not want to play a counter attacking game!!!

He apologised for the tactic that he used against Newcastle, as that is not how he said that he wants to play the game.

He is happy to churn out 4-2-3-1 in every game and play on the front foot.

Why you would choose a manager who is so bereft of ideas and tactical knowledge with a caveat that John Terry is beside him I just do not know.

We should be saying goodbye at the end of the season, whatever the outcome.

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
29 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Slot staying at Feyenoord. 

JDT is back in the frame!

I’d much rather we went for a younger, more energetic manager with something to prove than boring Rafa.

Benitez would probably see us promoted, but it would be dull, controlled football and sneaking wins by a single goal etc.

Rafa has nothing to prove and his style of football is old hat. The club needs change and I’d start with a new manager with fresh ideas and something to aim for.

Edited by Col city fan

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

JT gets my vote alongside Shakey as assistant could work out nicely.

...we have no idea what he brings to the table, all he is at the moment is a "name"!!!

We are far too keen on looking to bring in a name, as opposed to looking at potential managers who are cutting their teeth elsewhere. 

Even if you hadn't seen enough of a scattergun approach to rule Smith out on his time with us, surely the way he took Norwich down and completely tanked with a team expecting to compete at the top would rule him out anyway?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Even if you hadn't seen enough of a scattergun approach to rule Smith out on his time with us, surely the way he took Norwich down and completely tanked with a team expecting to compete at the top would rule him out anyway?

I don't want him to stay on, but they were fifth, a fair bit off of automatic but he hardly had them bottom half.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't want him to stay on, but they were fifth, a fair bit off of automatic but he hardly had them bottom half.

It's an interesting one there. Norwich fans think he's utter guff but the second half of the season has exposed their squad a bit as crap. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It's an interesting one there. Norwich fans think he's utter guff but the second half of the season has exposed their squad a bit as crap. 

Yeah he went on a hideous run with them, but they were fifth when he left and they finished 13th. So clearly a lot more at play there then Smith not being great.

IMHO, Smith should have played Souttar against Everton, due to the aerial bombardment, and didn’t. Doesn’t really feel that he has improved us too much. 
But, he can only use the players at his disposal. He will at least have an insight to what’s required next season.
It’s always a risk with getting managers from abroad, especially if we are in the Championship. Smith, at least has a fair bit of experience of getting a team promoted. Stick or twist?

I genuinely think Smith could quite easily take us straight back up again but I just don’t want him. I definitely don’t think he’s the answer long term. If we go down we need a fresh start, a clean slate, and that includes Smith. 

20 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

It's Scott Parker

Parker is who I expect the club will go for

Promotions from the Championship with Fulham and Bournemouth, whilst playing possession side to side football

4 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

There seems to be serious shouts for Potter, I’d love to see his style of play with iheanacho up top

if we stay up, it should be for him…. If we go down, I doubt he will come…