Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, glebe_sydneyfox said:

Feels like this is gaining some serious momentum.

I hope it works out. The Man City connection should prove useful with some handy loans.

If it is Maresca then hopefully he raids Man City for some young loanees. They have some talented lads coming through

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

Wonder who he will bring with him coaching wise. 

We've only got Sadler, Stowell & Knudsen left haven't we? Might be a struggle to implement some Pep ball with just those 3 lol

Wouldn't be surprised if Knudsen leaves. He seems to be a bit of a consultant anyway given the amount of open roles he has. Not sure a championship team can justify a top level set piece consultant?

5 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I hope he wears a black turtle neck thing. 

And tight trousers with a cucumber stuffed in his Y-Fronts for when he is post match interviewed by Laura Woods.

Edited by mozartfox

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Wonder who he will bring with him coaching wise. 

We've only got Sadler, Stowell & Knudsen left haven't we? Might be a struggle to implement some Pep ball with just those 3 lol

I reckon Caccia, another Man City coach of some sort and then he’ll look to replace Stowell and Sadler. 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Knudsen leaves. He seems to be a bit of a consultant anyway given the amount of open roles he has. Not sure a championship team can justify a top level set piece consultant?

I'd rather keep Knudsen and bin off Sadler and Stowell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lee7 said:

If it is Maresca then hopefully he raids Man City for some young loanees. They have some talented lads coming through

I just hope that if it is Maresca, it isn't a throwback to the Sousa/Sven experiment. Flashy sounding, possession-football-favouring European manager with no pedigree for the FLC or for rebuilding a squad, and a series of high profile loans instead of building a serious project for the long-term. If that's what happens, and it goes wrong, it really would be proof, once and for all, that this board haven't learnt a thing.

On the other hand, I remember how underwhelming the appointment of Pearson was back in 2008. A guy who'd been unspectacular, if not poor, in brief prior managerial stints, and who was predominantly an Assistant Manager. And, reading that Times article, they'd also have in common the fact that they believe in flexibility of tactics and formation, as opposed to Rodgers' obvious rigidity. 

So, if we go for him, it all hinges on which of these two comparisons turns out to be the most telling!

22 minutes ago, erlee said:

image.png.0e3030b4a57b0620eff0651109a24838.png

It does smack of desperation from both parties. Let’s assume he goes back there and wins the Scottish treble again, he’s going to be looking for a move back to the premier league asap. 

Celtic are either incredibly naive, or are locking him in to a contract he can’t break. 

18 minutes ago, Koke said:

Iheanacho and Daka will score loads in the Championship. Hold on to Barnes and he'll score loads aa well. 

If Maresca is the manager, keeping hold of Iheanacho would be massive. He trained in the Man City environment, and he's always been more of an all rounder as opposed to an out and out striker. 

In a true Man City style system, Iheanacho can shine.