Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That is actually the biggest worry for me. What if this fella takes a long time to successfully implement his way of playing? I'm hoping that it doesn't take as long as it did with Arteta. I'm hoping that the outcome is difference due to the difference in level that Maresca will be dropping down to. 

I can see us being 6th-10thcome November tbh. As long as we are playing with energy and creating chances etc I’d be happy to persist for the full season but anything less than an automatic promotion push come May will be failure, no matter the manager. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There's no one on our 'realistic targets' list who it either wont go very well or very badly with. That's why it's not worth worrying about it this stage.

Personally i'd rather someone with his background than some of the others on the list. Especially as I think it could see a real change in style of play which we so desperately need.

At the end of the day if he loses 6 out of 8 he'll be gone and we will move on, it's not ideal but this situation isn't ideal lol 

The change in style is key for me, it was a shambles this season and we weren't playing to our strengths. Hoping he has some new ideas (and connections).

Just now, Fox 4 Life said:

The change in style is key for me, it was a shambles this season and we weren't playing to our strengths. Hoping he has some new ideas (and connections).

Yep!

There's absolutely no reason this can't be our De Zerbi, which is exactly what everyone has been screaming for.

Especially given the two of them are best mates.

Just now, HybridFox said:

Hopefully isn't a bottler like Arteta

Barring Asthma FC, they're the closest team that have got to Man City. May have lost out on the title but they did pretty damn well to get that close. Arteta's done very well at Arsenal. 

It's a bold and exciting appointment, he's a winner and hopefully he can get us back up at the first opportunity, we absolutely must go all out for promotion this season!

• Like 3

A progressive appointment if true, seems to be a fantastic coach. Ultimately recruitment will make or break him I think, a big emphasis on that for a new manager in his first season. In saying that, he does have pretty much the biggest and best scouting network at his disposal in the city group.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.  However, if I had written what you had then I would either give my head a shake or delete the post.  

Just because I don't think a 36 year old should be dictating our future direction?... 

Nothing to give my head a shake about. 

Vardy has been a legend here but unfortunately his time is up.