Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

25 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Anyone else currently shaving their heads and dying their beards grey? 

There's no need - the stress of the past two seasons has taken care of both already.

:brendan_still:

• Haha 3

Not particularly against this as he's coming from a club with exceptionally high standards off the pitch as well as on. So you'd like to think he'd kick us into shape off the pitch, maybe break up this old boys club we've got going on. On paper he's a promising appointment, as long as we shoots of progress (not necessarily on the pitch) then I'm happy to have him.

It does smack of Rudkin going.. "Burnley got relegated and hired a pep deciple...so I suppose I'll try and do the same"

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

MARESCA Is such a Rudkin move, no form, sacked at his one and only job as manager yet seems to be the man to save this club from drowning is a TOP toxic stench …. I want to be be positive but reality is this is just gambling and saving money 

There are no guarantees, we either sign a dark horse like Maresca who has potentially a higher ceiling or lower floor or one of the usual suspects who is a steady pair of hands but a bottom PL manager at best. I'm happy to see the club make a gamble on someone who may prove top be a top manager in time. You don't get to be assistant manager to Pep if you're a mug and he'll have a good insight to the young players of Man City and have Pep's ear.

Our starting XI next season might be 6/7 of the players already here so the other 4/5 will be made up of loans and hopefully 2/3 good buys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

It’d be interesting to see if any of you prepared are give Rudkin any credit for this appointment? 😂

One Swallow does not make a summer….

9 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

MARESCA Is such a Rudkin move, no form, sacked at his one and only job as manager yet seems to be the man to save this club from drowning is a TOP toxic stench …. I want to be be positive but reality is this is just gambling and saving money 

Yet another

image.jpeg.3963aca6c56606547abb001e2ab38f51.jpeg

If a man is to be judged by the company that he keeps then it is no surprise Enzo Maresca is in demand. The assistant manager to Pep Guardiola also boasts a 30-year friendship with Roberto De Zerbi. He could learn more than most by accident

De Zerbi has said that they share "similar ideas about how the game should be played" and Guardiola was impressed enough by his work with Manchester City's development team to bring him back to the club as his assistant when Juanma Lillo departed

So not only can he lean on Pep but De Zerbi who gets the thumbs up in the forum also.

• Like 2

Will get more benefit from the fans than some of the other names mentioned. I'm not bothered by an immediate return if he can show that he has a plan to get promotion attempt in a couple of seasons.

Definately a gamble, if it doesn't work out we will be fxxked. I presume he has been gaurenteed a certain amout to spend.

• Like 1