Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, Merchant_Banker said:

Best thing I have read today: -

“If you take the foot off the gas and think you’ve cracked it, he’ll put you on the bench. Every player now in training or games has given 110% because your spot isn’t guaranteed. I know we’ve got to go out and implement the new tactics but what Enzo’s told us to do and how the games have planned out is everything that he’s said."

Developing Palmer, Parma exit - why Leicester are linked with Man City coach Enzo Maresca as new manager - Manchester Evening News

Wow, that sounds excellent. :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is important and it could become some kind of crossroads for us.

What happens if we make it to the playoffs but lose, missing out on both automatic and playoff promotion. But, we are playing great stuff and the progress in the team is clear to see? I'd like to think we would keep him, even if the season could be considered a failure. "Trust the process" and all that.

If we got Parker or Smith in, I think we might well have got promoted, but I don't think we'd be setup well for a return to the top flight. It's hard to find players the quality of Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes without getting a bit lucky in the market. You need to develop those players first. That's why Maresca or McKenna were the standout candidates to me, because I think they would play a style that would make us competitive IF we get back to the top flight, using this season as the ultimate testing ground and practice for it. Look at Fulham who took their style from the Championship into the Premier League and did really well with it.

This appointment definitely carries risk with it, let's not delude ourselves here. But the upside and potential is huge, and that's why personally I am very excited for this appointment.

to be honest the club has been shambolically ran for 2 years, current set up just presided over the worst ever relegation in the PL era, we've no manager, and a huge squad overhaul has to be managed by a system that has totally blown the last 2 summer windows. 

I think people are in for a rude awakening if they think just because we've been in the PL for 9 years we're going to somehow romp to success/titles/promotion next season. There's just so much change required in a short period of time and the current leadership at the club is likely to mess it up or not do enough. 

I think even finishing in the promotion spots would be success in the above context. 

Obviously I'm not making a prediction per se, precisely because so much change has to/will happen before now and the end of the window, and we can't make an informed prediction. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Any idea who the assistant would be and if would get any other coaches? Or just putting it out there, could/would Shakespeare stay on as first team coach as he knows the championship at least.

Just hope whoever they are  - they new to the Club.  S&S can go eat haggis with Fraudio in the Scottish Pub League.