Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

If it is Enzo, then I can't be positive or negative. There is nothing to make a judgment on. 

It's one of them, we wait and see. I guess. 

I really do not understand this Pep love affair tho. He is an elite manager, and possibly end up being the greatest of all time. It does not matter who his backroom staff is. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

If it is Enzo, then I can't be positive or negative. There is nothing to make a judgment on. 

I really do not understand this Pep love affair tho. He is an elite manager, and possibly end up being the greatest of all time. It does not matter who his backroom staff is. 

Yeah but Artetta and Kompany

2 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

Kompany and Arteta are from his school and they’ve had good success.

let’s see 💙🦊

3 minutes ago, adamkhalifa said:

I can certainly get on board with giving the guy a chance. Patience probably the key. An interesting and potentially exciting appointment - but only with the right backing. 

After such a collosal **** up by the club, I’d like to see Enzo be given time to implement his ideas. Hopefully his ideas aren’t just about the playing style and first team and I imagine, given where he’s come from and who he’s worked under, he might make changes to the operation Seagrave.

Essentially if we’re midtable at Christmas I’d like to see the club hold their nerve, otherwise we’ll get in a spiral of attracting dross and we’ll end up with someone like Steve Cotterill or god forbid Fat Frank.

• Like 3

Full article 

Leicester City are closing in on the appointment of Manchester City’s Enzo Maresca as their new head coach, as the club prepares for the Championship.

Maresca is the No. 1 target to take over at the King Power Stadium after impressing in talks with Leicester’s chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and Jon Rudkin, the director of football.

One of Pep Guardiola’s first-team coaches at this season’s treble winners, Maresca is highly regarded at the club and will be cleared to take the job as Leicester’s new manager.

Leicester were relegated from the Premier League last month and have interviewed a number of other candidates, including Dean Smith, Steven Gerrard and Scott Parker.

But Maresca is understood to have produced an outstanding interview in which he outlined his philosophy and vision for Leicester’s future. Telegraph Sport first revealed he was a leading contender on June 5.

It is understood that Leicester have sought the opinion of Esteban Cambiasso, their former player who is close to the club hierarchy.

Maresca has earned a reputation at City as the next member of Guardiola’s backroom staff who could become a No. 1 following Mikel Arteta’s move to Arsenal. Southampton wanted the former midfielder earlier this year but he was determined to complete the season with City.

The 43-year-old has previous experience of management in Italy with Parma, but he was sacked after just 14 matches in charge.

Maresca will take charge of a club in transition, with the squad facing a major overhaul over the summer following relegation.

James Maddison and Harvey Barnes are targets for Premier League clubs while Youri Tielemans, Caglar Soyuncu, Daniel Amartey, Nampalys Mendy, Ayoze Perez and Ryan Bertrand have departed as free agents.

The futures of Wilfred Ndidi and Timothy Castagne are also uncertain as they have just over a year left on their current contracts.

40 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

to be honest the club has been shambolically ran for 2 years, current set up just presided over the worst ever relegation in the PL era, we've no manager, and a huge squad overhaul has to be managed by a system that has totally blown the last 2 summer windows. 

I think people are in for a rude awakening if they think just because we've been in the PL for 9 years we're going to somehow romp to success/titles/promotion next season. There's just so much change required in a short period of time and the current leadership at the club is likely to mess it up or not do enough. 

I think even finishing in the promotion spots would be success in the above context. 

Obviously I'm not making a prediction per se, precisely because so much change has to/will happen before now and the end of the window, and we can't make an informed prediction. 

Sadly I think you are right, but I'm trying to delude myself into some sense of overconfidence because the reality is more painful!

Why we decided to leave ALL of these contracts and player changes for one window is crazy. Smart clubs do it gradually over time so you can integrate players in. To be fair some teams have gotten away with it, Forest and Burnley last season being good examples. But "getting away with it" is the key phrase here.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Did a thread open up saying Maresca was the new manager.  I went onto my laptop to double check if it was true and it was gone. Unless I'm losing my mind will the person that did this please apologise or can the Mods punish him/her :angry:

Stan went early ….. not the first time either …….

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Did a thread open up saying Maresca was the new manager.  I went onto my laptop to double check if it was true and it was gone. Unless I'm losing my mind will the person that did this please apologise or can the Mods punish him/her :angry:

It was merged into this thread. 

I hope it is Maresca. And I hope that the supporters will have patience with him. Arteta's Arsenal team struggled big time his first season. Granted it's a good time to be changing the organization's philosophies, but I imagine that this is going to be a slow build. What might speed it up though is a key loan or two from his former club.

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

One Swallow does not make a summer….

Yeah, because this is literally the only thing that Rudkin has ever done for this club :rolleyes:

Did he play any part in the man City documentary? Any insights to what he was like around the place? I'd imagine his English is pretty good given his time here as a player and a coach. 

He wants to leave the comfort of the best in team in the world to manage in the championship so can't argue he doesn't have the motivation, wants to be here and sees us as an opportunity. Good start. 

Interesting to hear him speak, if appointed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

We are in a very very difficult situation, this is not the time to gamble; history may well  prove my concerns to be have been wise but they may show me to to being risk averse 

Any appointment is a gamble - of all the names mentioned any of them could fail or succeed - what the club and the fans need right now is a bit of glamour, a bit of mystery, a reason for optimism.  Any of the other (realistic) candidates would have had people grumbling and doubting before a ball had been kicked - with Maresca, we simply have no idea what to expect, which is in itself rather exciting after the turgidity and predictability of the last two years.  Practically - they are all risks, but psychologically this would easily be the most positive.

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Apparently he was absolutely fantastic in the interview ............. there again I bet Ian Holloway was too 

Probably sat there smoking a cigar, raised an eyebrow and just smiled.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

/them 

its 2023..

gosh.

• Haha 1