Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

are people claiming Cambiasso is also joining purely because Percy said we asked his opinion? Or have I missed something 

yes thats exactly why. 

Wouldnt it make his opinion of him null and void, if he was just giving him praise so he could get a job.  im sure if Man U asked shakespear about smith he'd say hes great as well as he knew it would get him the gig lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

We are in a very very difficult situation, this is not the time to gamble; history may well  prove my concerns to be have been wise but they may show me to to being risk averse 

Who did you want as the next manager ?

21 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

It would be quicker if you just looked on any of the clubs website/Twitter/Instagram/Facebook than posting the same question on here everyday tbqh

Ok, my apologies.

14 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

As a bald man I finally feel like I can identify and relate to my beloved Leicester city football club 

Too long have the follicly challenged been cast into the shadows by this sport! It’s our time now baby!

Meh, where were you when we were Hollowayed? :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

are people claiming Cambiasso is also joining purely because Percy said we asked his opinion? Or have I missed something 

Apparently they both did their coaching badges together.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I know. Sometimes I despair. The ability of humans to add up 2+2 and make 5 in order to suit themselves...is this wishful thinking syndrome  to be admired or to be pitied?

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I know. Sometimes I despair. The ability of humans to add up 2+2 and make 5 in order to suit themselves...is this wishful thinking syndrome  to be admired or to be pitied?

Ignorance is actually blissful so it’s hardly surprising.

1 hour ago, adamkhalifa said:

If it is Enzo, then I can't be positive or negative. There is nothing to make a judgment on. 

It's one of them, we wait and see. I guess. 

I really do not understand this Pep love affair tho. He is an elite manager, and possibly end up being the greatest of all time. It does not matter who his backroom staff is. 

So he is possibly the greatest of all time… then do you think he would pick terrible back room staff? Do you not think that the quality of back room staff he chooses can have an effect on how great he was?

personally , I love the fact that Pep even managed to get Mahrez chasing back and pressing! Mahrez chasing and pressing! You read that right!

So it IS worth noting that arguably the 4 best championship players last season were all Man City Loanees  ( hardwood-bellies, McAtee. Doyle Trafford) and we’d be foolish to discount the fact a coach who knows them well might be out next manager - to me that’s a considerable contribution to the Man City/ Pep ‘ love-in’ right now ..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Personally I just hope he brings some new coaches with him. Sadler and Stowell are PE teachers.

...there is this constant link being made with Stowell and Sadler!!!

One is a goalkeeping coach and the other came through by being an analyst. Prior to last season, Stowell was unbeaten in a caretakers role, won 5 drew 3 no losses. With Sadler, you never believed they would win a game if we were still playing now. 

Stowell being blamed for  Iversen not being good with the ball at his feet and Kasper inability to come off his line and constantly kicking the ball out of touch.

These qualities that these keepers are said to be deficient  in,  are now due to a trait that has recently evolved, as to how a goalkeeper should be.

What they, Iversen and Kasper bring to the table,  is great reactions and shot stopping. The keepers are what they are, it is going to be hard reprogramming players to play with the ball at their feet,  you have to start this process at a young age.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

27 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

No. We are speculating that Cambiasso is coming in as his assistant because some unreliable, dodgy twitter source jumped to that conclusion through the tenious link between Merasca and Cambiasso. 

...That and we're fuching lunatics so leave us alone. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is this constant link being made with Stowell and Sadler!!!

One is a goalkeeping coach and the other came through by being an analyst. Prior to last season, Stowell was unbeaten in a caretakers role, won 5 drew 3 no losses. With Sadler, you never believed they would win a game if we were still playing now. 

Stowell being blamed for  Iversen not being good with the ball at his feet and Kasper inability to come off his line and constantly kicking the ball out of touch.

These qualities that these keepers are said to be deficient  in,  are now due to a trait that has recently evolved, as to how a goalkeeper should be.

What they, Iversen and Kasper bring to the table,  is great reactions and shot stopping. The keepers are what they are, it is going to be hard reprogramming players to play with the ball at their feet,  you have to start this process at a young age.

Played 4 w2 lost 2 prior to this spell 

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

So are we becoming a mixture of the Man City and LCFC youth setups next season with some clever loan deals for their players?

Keep some of the experienced pros around and we could, perhaps should, stroll it.

...I  would hate to be the feeder club for Man. City!!!

It just feels uncomfortable, where you embrace a system for the sake of success.

I see it in the same way that we have OHL, they are a club in their own right and we should allow them to grow organically, but if we constantly send our players to them for permit reasons or for development we are taking something away from their club. We maybe supplying some quality loans which enhances their club, but it still takes away the essence of their club.