Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

Β 

Β 

So he is possibly the greatest of all time… then do you think he would pick terrible back room staff? Do you not think that the quality of back room staff he chooses can have an effect on how great he was?

Β 

personally , I love the fact that Pep even managed to get Mahrez chasing back and pressing! Mahrez chasing and pressing! You read that right!

Β 

So it IS worth noting that arguably the 4 best championship players last season were all Man City Loanees Β ( hardwood-bellies, McAtee. Doyle Trafford) and we’d be foolish to discount the fact a coach who knows them well might be out next manager - to me that’s a considerable contribution to the Man City/ Pep β€˜ love-in’ right now ..

Hardwood bellies 🀣🀣🀣

12 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Some of the comments on Enzo from from former players and coaches he has worked with are very encouraging. Robert Snodgrass speaking very highly of him here and his time at West Ham:

Β 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-could-leicester-city-8524820

Might be an outside shout for a coaching role you know… not sure if he’s officially retired yetΒ 

1 hour ago, Lillehamring said:

Yeah, because this is literally the only thing that Rudkin has ever done for this clubΒ :rolleyes:

The past is no excuse for fuching the Club big-time.

Think there's quite a few assistants to great managers who've failed when they tried to manage themselves.

Β 

For example, Paul Clement.

Am sure there's a few more examples.

• Like 2

So, if we’re daring to dream, Champions League win 2026 with Vardy coming off the bench with a zimmer to score the winning pen. in the shootout.Β 

It’s the Leicester way.Β 
Β 

I might die of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy.

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

Think there's quite a few assistants to great managers who've failed when they tried to manage themselves.

Β 

Shakespeare.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Β 

Loads. Brian Kidd. Steve McLaren. Don Howe. John Carver πŸ˜‚

Β 

That said, there's Bob Paisley and Jogi Loew and more recently Gary I Neil who ended up better.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Who did you want as the next manager ?

1) proven record of improving teamsΒ 

2) success at being head coach or manager

3) hungry and youngΒ 

4) english football experience desirable not essentialΒ 

Β 

I suppose he does tick all of those boxes, I’m warming to this nowΒ 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Some of the comments on Enzo from from former players and coaches he has worked with are very encouraging. Robert Snodgrass speaking very highly of him here and his time at West Ham:

Β 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-could-leicester-city-8524820

This is very encouraging. If he develops players as well as people say, maybe now we'll see the Seagrave facilities properly used to what it was designed for.Β 

Β 

He likes working with younger players as well, and that is what we need, with a mixture of experience

Β 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 2