Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just gotta hope he's his own man rather than an imititation.

I mean Arteta was the assistant and he doesn't play the way Man City do and are far more exciting and entertaining - one of the far and few in the Premier League infact, likewise Enzo's mate De Zerbi.

• Like 2

Just now, fox_favourite said:

This is very encouraging. If he develops players as well as people say, maybe now we'll see the Seagrave facilities properly used to what it was designed for. 

Agree.  I can see a Pizza Hut outlet on the site soon plus a Costa Coffee Shop.

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

This is very encouraging. If he develops players as well as people say, maybe now we'll see the Seagrave facilities properly used to what it was designed for. 

He likes working with younger players as well, and that is what we need, with a mixture of experience

Only way forward for a team with our resources.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I mean Arteta was the assistant and he doesn't play the way Man City do and are far more exciting and entertaining - one of the far and few in the Premier League infact, likewise Enzo's mate De Zerbi.

One good reason for him to come here is so that he can experiment a bit with his tactical side philosophy and perfect it. Look at Man City this season, they actually struggled early on but that tweak to John Stones position and dropping Cancelo made them unstoppable. 

Also believe it or not during his failed spell at Parma, Maresca was criticised for being too attacking 😂

• Haha 1

Pep Guardiola: “He did an incredible job”

Maresca has been Guardiola’s right-hand man for the past season, helping Manchester City to win a historic treble. But first-team assistant manager was not his first job at the club.

In 2020, Maresca was appointed as the head coach of the club’s development squad. He guided them to their first Premier League 2 title.

On that success, Guardiola said: “I am delighted for Enzo Maresca, his staff and all of the players. It’s a fantastic achievement. Not only has the team showed incredible consistency, they have played brilliant football. They always want to attack, score goals, work hard and dominate matches. Some of their performances have been exceptional.”

The following season, after Maresca had left to become Parma manager, Guardiola again praised the Italian’s work after a 6-1 Carabao Cup victory over Wycombe in which he fielded many of Man City’s young players. He said: “I just want to say thank you to Enzo Maresca.

“Last season he did an incredible job with these players. An incredible job. I know it because we worked together in training many times and I saw them, the way they play, their understanding of the game. They are well-educated.”

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

This was Arteta's first decent season out of 4 for Arsenal to be fair