Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pep Guardiola: “He did an incredible job”

Maresca has been Guardiola’s right-hand man for the past season, helping Manchester City to win a historic treble. But first-team assistant manager was not his first job at the club.

In 2020, Maresca was appointed as the head coach of the club’s development squad. He guided them to their first Premier League 2 title.

On that success, Guardiola said: “I am delighted for Enzo Maresca, his staff and all of the players. It’s a fantastic achievement. Not only has the team showed incredible consistency, they have played brilliant football. They always want to attack, score goals, work hard and dominate matches. Some of their performances have been exceptional.”

The following season, after Maresca had left to become Parma manager, Guardiola again praised the Italian’s work after a 6-1 Carabao Cup victory over Wycombe in which he fielded many of Man City’s young players. He said: “I just want to say thank you to Enzo Maresca.

“Last season he did an incredible job with these players. An incredible job. I know it because we worked together in training many times and I saw them, the way they play, their understanding of the game. They are well-educated.”

Imagine us having a manager who knows that the development squad needs to be connected to the first team. Enzo must have blown Rudkin’s mind when he talked about that during the interview. 

• Like 1

Just now, The_77 said:

Imagine us having a manager who knows that the development squad needs to be connected to the first team. Enzo must have blown Rudkin’s mind when he talked about that during the interview. 

He'll change his mind once he's seen Paul Appiah attempt to play football lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Imagine his face if that lad devontay daley Thompson (or whatever he was called) was still here. 

I've never seen a lad look less like a professional footballer. 

1 minute ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Enzo,

in blazing squad he likes Kenzo,

out of ten chickens he likes Henz-O,

he drives a Mercedes Benzo,

he asked out a girl but was Friendzo,

Mr Miyagi is his Senzo,

so for me it is a Yenzo!

I don't know how that sounded in your head, but it hasn't come off

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This is very encouraging. If he develops players as well as people say, maybe now we'll see the Seagrave facilities properly used to what it was designed for. 

He likes working with younger players as well, and that is what we need, with a mixture of experience

Yes but can he manage to get KDH to use his right foot? That will be the real test!

5 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Yeah bit of a problem there though when we are Aston Villa U21 B

10 minutes ago, Willfox1510 said:

His name is enzo,

enzo maresca,

sacked off Haaland,

to manage Leicester

Enzo, Enzo Maresssscaaa

So **** off Scott Parker 

And Dean Smith, and Farke

We've got Enzzooooii

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This was Arteta's first decent season out of 4 for Arsenal to be fair

Right you are.

And damn, I was trying to put a positive spin on it, even if just for myself rather the anyone else.

Fwiw, I reckon Arteta could struggle next season having been 'found out' towards the end of the season but that's for another discussion.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

one for @StriderHiryu to take a view on

This is an excellent thread, nothing too ground breaking but think it shows he's not just a pep tribute act.

Can see KDH thriving in that tactic as one of the wide 8s. 

Also gives me great hope that Cole Palmer would fancy linking back up with him  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Right you are.

And damn, I was trying to put a positive spin on it, even if just for myself rather the anyone else.

Fwiw, I reckon Arteta could struggle next season having been 'found out' towards the end of the season but that's for another discussion.

Ah no it wasn't a slight on Maresca. I'm happy we've identified somebody a little outside the box.

I just don't like Arteta and Arsenal fans making out he's the Messiah all of a sudden lol

13 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

So this guys had one manager gig and got booted out after a few months? Sounds sketchy 

Ah yer.. But he's been assistant to Pep and working miracles with a £ billion+ value squad of players... Genius!! 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Some of the comments on Enzo from from former players and coaches he has worked with are very encouraging. Robert Snodgrass speaking very highly of him here and his time at West Ham:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/enzo-maresca-could-leicester-city-8524820

Maddison spoke very highly of Rodgers ! If your asked the question your not going to say he is crap are you !

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

one for @StriderHiryu to take a view on

Playing personnel is going to be massive to determine what he can do. Let’s get him through the door first!

But I think the keeper needing to be good with his feet is huge. I could see Stolarczyk coming back and / or us offering Caballero from Southampton a one year deal. 

• Like 1