Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Imagine his face if that lad devontay daley Thompson (or whatever he was called) was still here. 

I've never seen a lad look less like a professional footballer. 

Wait until he sees Brandon Cover

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

Pep Guardiola: “He did an incredible job”

Maresca has been Guardiola’s right-hand man for the past season, helping Manchester City to win a historic treble. But first-team assistant manager was not his first job at the club.

In 2020, Maresca was appointed as the head coach of the club’s development squad. He guided them to their first Premier League 2 title.

On that success, Guardiola said: “I am delighted for Enzo Maresca, his staff and all of the players. It’s a fantastic achievement. Not only has the team showed incredible consistency, they have played brilliant football. They always want to attack, score goals, work hard and dominate matches. Some of their performances have been exceptional.”

The following season, after Maresca had left to become Parma manager, Guardiola again praised the Italian’s work after a 6-1 Carabao Cup victory over Wycombe in which he fielded many of Man City’s young players. He said: “I just want to say thank you to Enzo Maresca.

“Last season he did an incredible job with these players. An incredible job. I know it because we worked together in training many times and I saw them, the way they play, their understanding of the game. They are well-educated.”

... the style of play is replicated throughout the whole club!!!

The ladies play the same style, and you would think their manager could come in and do a great job for us. It is very formulaic system, you wonder if it is the person coaching the system or the system itself.

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

The past is no excuse for fuching the Club big-time.

Didn't say it was - but to say that signing Maresca is the one thing he has contributed to the good of the club is palpably untrue.

We don't know the business reasoning behind the decisions that were made, that those decisions proved to have a much greater impact than anyone might have expected doesn't mean that suddenly he is incompetent.  And it certainly doesn't mean that one bad off-season makes a bad career. As fans of this club it is a disgrace to forget just how good he was in 'the past' - because i think we all know how good a team he contributed to building.

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He's got no hair but we don't care

Enzo Maresca

I like it.

He's got no hair.

But we don't care.

Enzo! Enzo! Enzo!

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

What's this rumour he's bringing Cambiasso with him? He did a cracking job managing us through the great escape.

Think The Athletic reported it. 

But turns out they did their coaching badges together in Italy in 2016 apparently. 

12 minutes ago, joeybside said:

Wait until he sees Brandon Cover

..watched him playing  as #8 and he was constantly giving the ball away, missed placed passes all over the place!!!

Strange when he is played in a forward role he is very composed and good going forward.

Our setup in the U21s, helps nobody, you are played all over the place with no thought of being competitive in the league.

If it is Maresca, you will see a big change in the U21s, they will look a lot better due to the style.

We (U21s) are going to be focused on promotion, which will at last give this team something to aspire to. Just hope Braybrooke can get back quick enough to benefit from the transition. The position of Petty and Beaglehole could be under pressure,  that may become the biggest change we are going to see.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I like the outside the box thinking but would of preferred someone with more managerial experience. 

Lampard, Gerrard, Parker...hardly exciting .

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

They are predictable picks who i don’t want. I was thinking of Hutter, Van Nistelrooy and Diego Martinez as outside the box options. 

All of which my not have fancied the risk of managing a club in the championship.

12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Fully behind the Meresca potential recruitment. Any coach who’s been recruited by and works with Pep Guardiola has to have oustanding traits. If it doesn’t work I’d applaud the club for trying to be innovative with their recruitment and not going for one of the usual suspects. 

I’m the same on this one, excited by it whereas the other names we’ve been linked to don’t. Doubt the Esteban rumours are true but that would be really positive for the whole club, but can’t see him being a number 2 if he went in a coaching role. 

• Like 2