Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Guest Kopfkino

Still think if we wanted an experimental appointment and mate of De Zerbi, we should have gone for Farioli.

But good on the club for taking a chance amidst a sea of uninspiring names. Looking forward to seeing the players we sign now and the principals he introduces. Carrick showed at Boro what how tactically and technically good Championship sides can be.

Not sure how some of the least cultured football fans in the country will cope with the philosophy tho & i hope if things start slow the club don’t panic as our fans call for Big Sam to come in and have us lump it up to Souttar.

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..watched him playing  as #8 and he was constantly giving the ball away, missed placed passes all over the place!!!

Strange when he is played in a forward role he is very composed and good going forward.

Our setup in the U21s, helps nobody, you are played all over the place with no thought of being competitive in the league.

If it is Maresca, you will see a big change in the U21s, they will look a lot better due to the style.

We (U21s) are going to be focused on promotion, which will at last give this team something to aspire to. Just hope Braybrooke can get back quick enough to benefit from the transition. The position of Petty and Beaglehole could be under pressure,  that may become the biggest change we are going to see.

probably far fewer of our better players going out on loan, too.

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Parker.. 2  Championship to PL promotions on his CV. 

Nah!!.. His name is boring and doesn't sound foreign enough! 😂

but we would have to sack him when we get back up so may as well just skip that part and get Enzo now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

All of which my not have fancied the risk of managing a club in the championship.

Maybe so. I just think it’s extremely risky going for someone whose done nothing as a manager but because he’s worked with Pep he’s supposedly ideal for us. It took Arteta a couple of seasons to implement what he wanted at Arsenal. Can’t see Maresca having that time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Maybe so. I just think it’s extremely risky going for someone whose done nothing as a manager but because he’s worked with Pep he’s supposedly ideal for us. It took Arteta a couple of seasons to implement what he wanted at Arsenal. Can’t see Maresca having that time.

I know confidence in the board is low right now, but do you really think they'll hire him purely because 'he's worked with Pep' - he's had experience in various roles in various teams and is considered to have a very good all-round skill set and attitude.  Yes, there are managers available with more experience but by all accounts Maresca's ceiling is way above the other contenders.  There's no way this would be just a casual, novelty, random hire.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

I like the outside the box thinking but would of preferred someone with more managerial experience. 

I like the outside the box thinking but would HAVE (cough, cough) preferred someone with LESS managerial experience and therefore even more outside the box. Someone like Phillip Schofield. He's not doing anything.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Haha 3

Been saying for a while this would happen, it makes sense with the media blackout he was the number one target and they were waiting for the man city season to be over. 
personally very happy, bit of a gamble but excited at the same time. 

• Like 1