Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

53 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

He has worked for a number of clubs in Europe, also worked with Pellegrini at West Ham.

Yes it's risky hiring him but every appointment comes with some risk.

Every manager needs to start somewhere, hopefully we are the perfect match for him.

Screenshot_20230616-000112_Chrome.jpg

I agree with what you’re saying just find it worrying that you even stat hopefully we’re the perfect match for him. 

12 minutes ago, LCFC BEAST said:

There’s definitely a song in there to the tune of Bella Ciao, but I just can’t think of it 😅

Enzo Maresca,

He came to Leicester

Bella ciao Bella ciao Bella ciao ciao ciao 

Enzo Maresca,

He came to Leicester,

To lead us out, lead us out, lead us out, out,

out

To the Premier League,

That’s where we going,

And back to European tours

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Agreed with the concerns people are raising on this guy. I’m excited as I don’t know a thing about him, but why is he a better candidate than say a Gerrard? Is this all on the basis that he may have learned a thing or 2 from Pep? Let’s hope he has.

I am worried that if we are underperforming after a few months, he will be sacked off and we will all be scratching our heads as to where it’s gone wrong. Whilst Parker is a “boring/safe” appointment, he’s proven at this level.. Enzo could bomb and potentially fall through to League one.

The biggest problem with Parker is the repeated failure at the top level, he might get us up, but he would be a short term gap and we’d be back here again next season.

This appointment, whilst it is a risk, it is hopefully a manager who can build a squad to not only get us back up again, but to also stay up and do well in the future.

Gerrard, Lampard, Parker etc. have had chances at the top level and failed. 
I like the fact the club are thinking outside the box and have taken a gamble on someone with potential.

• Like 1

The question is still whether any manager will be allowed to ride out a rough run... modern clubs, owners and fans, are notoriously skittish and will sack (Rodgers aside) at the drop of a point.

If we appoint Maresca, then hopefully we are looking at building a system and a squad, does that mean no promotion in year 1... or 2?... Would ANY manager get to xmas of 24 and keep their job if we arent in the top 4?

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

The question is still whether any manager will be allowed to ride out a rough run... modern clubs, owners and fans, are notoriously skittish and will sack (Rodgers aside) at the drop of a point.

If we appoint Maresca, then hopefully we are looking at building a system and a squad, does that mean no promotion in year 1... or 2?... Would ANY manager get to xmas of 24 and keep their job if we arent in the top 4?

I think this is the biggest question, it’s not even the long term, it’s if we have a rocky start this season.

With a new squad of players in, it’s possible whoever is in charge and we need to not get on his back early on.

Pearson had time, a couple of failed play off attempts before going bang and winning the league and we may have to settle for that, as long as we can see improvement and know what the plan is, hopefully we back the new guy and let him build.

• Like 1

If this does happen, which it looks like it will then it’s the sort of departure from the norm that we need. 
As has been said already he may need time and that’s dictated by the fans. The heart of the club and we like all fans are fickle. So let’s give the man the time he needs. At least he will get a pre season and a clean slate with at least some of the dead wood leaving. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Nothing to worry about, our owners would give him to April. 

3 hours ago, MPH said:

I’ll be honest and say this has totally caught me by surprise. It’s either going to totally flop or it’s going to be absolutely banging. I’m well up for it as it shows ambition and risk taking which is something we have been massively lacking last couple of years and it could be argued that a lack of both is why we are in the whole we are in.

My first choice would have been Potter but he might be getting better offers. So that’s fair enough.  I’d rather this though than a ‘safe’ appointment like Smith or Parker who might not inspire the squad or have the persona to bring in that special signing that might  be what we need to get out of a very tough division..

I don't know about not taking risks over the last couple of years. Top and company gambled the whole premier future of the club by not investing in new players at the start of the season knowing full well that most of the player's contracts were ending, and not sacking Rodgers early enough. look where that gamble has gotten us? 

• Like 1

If he signs up , I hope he brings with him the formula on how to play pass the ball to a team mate and this is how u shield the ball , because that’s what  cost us this year , to many players turn the ball over and not hitting a team mate , I say bring it on ENZO 

7 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Didn't say it was - but to say that signing Maresca is the one thing he has contributed to the good of the club is palpably untrue.

We don't know the business reasoning behind the decisions that were made, that those decisions proved to have a much greater impact than anyone might have expected doesn't mean that suddenly he is incompetent.  And it certainly doesn't mean that one bad off-season makes a bad career. As fans of this club it is a disgrace to forget just how good he was in 'the past' - because i think we all know how good a team he contributed to building.

Not sure everyone on here would agree with your take on this.  But you are entitled to your opinion, so let’s leave it there.

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Parker.. 2  Championship to PL promotions on his CV. 

Nah!!.. His name is boring and doesn't sound foreign enough! 😂

Relegations too though no on his CV?

I just think we need some new breath of fresh air manager, hungry with something  to prove, rather than the usual merry go rounds of usual managers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I like the outside the box thinking but would HAVE (cough, cough) preferred someone with LESS managerial experience and therefore even more outside the box. Someone like Phillip Schofield. He's not doing anything.

Great call.

High profile and would certainly be looking to recruit and play the best young players out there.

• Like 1