Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Out of interest what would you have been happy with?

Someone with a proven track record of promotions for a start. Someone who has managed a football club and not just for 14 games. Someone with a bit more experience I guess.

He’s a big risk. A bigger risk than I would have liked our club to take in what is probably our biggest summer window ever. Having said that, I guess the club just want him to coach and they’ll sort out the rest. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

Agree. Basically we're a massive club at this level and we should act accordingly. We didn't build all these great facilities to be on a level playing field with Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesdays.

I very much doubt that Wednesday fans think we are "massive", they have kicked our arse countless times over the years. Our recent reputation will be of limited advantage when the season starts.

Edited by An Sionnach

Just now, Jakemoore said:

Someone with a proven track record of promotions for a start. Someone who has managed a football club and not just for 14 games. Someone with a bit more experience I guess.

He’s a big risk. A bigger risk than I would have liked our club to take in what is probably our biggest summer window ever. Having said that, I guess the club just want him to coach and they’ll sort out the rest. 

Vincent Kompany ???

3 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Parker in.. 

Get promoted 

Parker out.. 

Its a big gamble, we all know that.

He has been spoken of highly by Pep but then i guess he would be.

The only thing I would say is that if its a deal to 2026, it does feel like he sees us as a stepping stone to getting promoted then getting one of the 'big six' interested. I guess being in the championship now we have to accept that.

However if he takes us back up, then I guess thats the main thing.

3 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

The only thing I would say is that if its a deal to 2026, it does feel like he sees us as a stepping stone to getting promoted then getting one of the 'big six' interested. I guess being in the championship now we have to accept that.

We’ll be able to attract a better class of manager as a PL side than a Championship side.  If Enzo gets us promoted and bails, it’s not a bad deal for us.

17 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I don't think he will be, nothing to do with Vardy though.

...I. can't say that I took to him, and could see why some players would have had a problem with him!!!

He wanted control on the pitch, it seemed as if he was coaching throughout the games and for a tight knit group,  it would have felt like an imposition. 

Many if our supporters would love to see him back here, in any capacity and virtually all the players he played alongside have now all gone.

I can't say I will be enthused to see him back here, but he will bring in a lot of experience,  should he take up a coaching role.

13 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Last Managers to win the Championship.

Vincent Kompany 
Marco Silva
Daniel Farke
Marcelo Bielsa 
Daniel Farke
Nuno Santo
Rafa Benitez
Sean Dyche
Eddie Howe
Nigel Pearson
Malky Mackay

Edited by Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Last Managers to win the Championship.

Vincent Kompany 
Scott Parker
Daniel Farke
Marcelo Bielsa 
Daniel Farke
Nuno Santo
Rafa Benitez
Sean Dyche
Eddie Howe
Nigel Pearson
Malky Mackay

Marco Silva won the championship with Fulham that season. 

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We’ll be able to attract a better class of manager as a PL side than a Championship side.  If Enzo gets us promoted and bails, it’s not a bad deal for us.

No agreed, but if he installs a certain type of play we are likely then to be reliant on finding someone similar. However thats a problem id love us too have.

7 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

...if it is a deal to 2026, it means lessons have been learnt and we are now prudent in the contracts that we offer managers!!!

We may also be paying way above the normal salary a manager in this position would be offered, but with such a short term contract, offloading will not be so problematic. 

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Parker in.. 

Get promoted 

Parker out.. 

You get Scott Parker in,

You kick it about,

We go and get promoted and we scream and shout,

He tries it in the top league and he ****s it up,

Then we get Parker out.

Oooooohhhhhh do the Scotty Parker.

Etc.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if it is a deal to 2026, it means lessons have been learnt and we are now prudent in the contracts that we offer managers!!!

We may also be paying way above the normal salary a manager in this position would be offered, but with such a short term contract, offloading will not be so problematic. 

very true.

15 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Let's hope not.

18 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

that instills a lot of confidence in me, they've already fcuked the club up once🤔

17 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Id argue this would be the case for any manager if we were in the Prem. I’m sure brendan thought this when he came to us.

Maresca and Leicester have discussed the backroom staff members to potentially join the Italian manager. Part of the initial plans he had were readjusted due to the difficulties around granting a UK work permit to some of the personnel.

• Like 3