Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Any ideas what the work permit arrangements are for coaches? I know for managers there's a certain criteria but for coaches it must be a little more complex.

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/blog/2022/04/06/brexitball-what-about-the-coaching-staff/

Relevant bit on everyone below manager/head coach....

Screenshot_20230616_102656_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

I get what you are saying, but my point was that Parma expected promotion and yet sacked their manager 1/3 of the way in to the season when he still had plenty of opportunity to fight for promotion. I've since found out as well that he was 4 points away from the play offs with a winter transfer window upcoming. He was one good signing and 2 good wins away from having them in a play off place and they sacked him. 

Anyway, the point still stands with Coventry, no? 😉

But those 2 good wins were taking 6 games on average 😃

and yeah Robins done well, but he was about the safest man in a job regardless of results, after 2 promotions with Coventry.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Babylon @weller54

I found this stat quite interesting. I know both of you are baffled by the risky nature of this appointment, but let's hope Rudkin and Top have finally made a decent decision between them.

I'm not against an inexperienced manager but that tweet doesn't tell the whole story...

12 out of the last 18 teams promoted to the Premier League DID have previous experience.  And there's no mention of how many inexperienced managers didn't get promoted.  I don't know the answer btw, just an alternate view of the statement.

• Like 1

It’s not like his leaving will stop Maresca from contacting and getting advice from Guardiola either. 

Just got to trust the process on this one, if we’re mid table at Christmas we have to stick with him, else we’ll fall into the trap of constantly chopping and changing and having no identity.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Btw in no way should Top and Rudkin get credit for ‘finding’ Maresca. You can absolutely guaranteed that his agent contacted us - which rings true to how Saints and Celtic have held an interest recently 

No credit for finding him. A tiny bit of credit for actually hiring him though, as they must have been so tempted to go with Parker/Smith and a safe choice on paper. 

I think the rumours of Enzo massively impressing in the interview stage, are bang on! 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Sense that if we were a ‘big 6’ club we wouldn’t have this issue with back room staff work permits. 

That is incorrect, Eric Ten Hag wanted to bring his back room staff from Ajax to Man UTD and was NOT allowed due to BREXIT.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Babylon @weller54

I found this stat quite interesting. I know both of you are baffled by the risky nature of this appointment, but let's hope Rudkin and Top have finally made a decent decision between them.

Yep. It's a complete mystery how the old cliché about the Championship being a uniquely difficult division to get out of, requiring seasoned veterans of previous campaigns and a no-nonsense style of play, has persisted all this time.

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He won't be. And you can bet he'll have a strong input on transfers too. You don't go to the trouble of recruiting somebody like him to shake things up only to make it impossible for them to succeed by imposing staff/players on them against their will.

...if Moresca does become our new manager, where will Shakey be in that change of staff!!!

I would hate to lose him again, he is a face and a person who has been instrumental in our success and it appeared from the photos when he came back in that he was well loved and he genuinely seemed humbled to be back.

I suspect that he is part of the Smith team, but we need better coaching staff in our roster. I wonder if the club has the foresight to keep him.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if Moresca does become our new manager, where will Shakey be in that change of staff!!!

I would hate to lose him again, he is a face and a person who has been instrumental in our success and it appeared from the photos when he came back in that he was well loved and he genuinely seemed humbled to be back.

I suspect that he is part of the Smith team, but we need better coaching staff in our roster. I wonder if the club has the foresight to keep him.

Shakespeare was brought in on a temporary contract along with Smith and Terry. I don't think there's ever been any suggestion he'd stay on if Smith wasn't given the permanent role.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Bloody hope so! 

How many can we have from one team? 3? 

Think someone said 4 but 2 of them have to be under a certain age. 21 or 23 or something along those lines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Defo a line fed from the club. They know he is popular with the support so it looks good. Not much link between them one would guess apart from not much hair and maybe both Spanish speakers.

They certainly both speak Italian so they’re basically twins. 

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yep. It's a complete mystery how the old cliché about the Championship being a uniquely difficult division to get out of, requiring seasoned veterans of previous campaigns and a no-nonsense style of play, has persisted all this time.

A 33% chance then