Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Babylon @weller54

I found this stat quite interesting. I know both of you are baffled by the risky nature of this appointment, but let's hope Rudkin and Top have finally made a decent decision between them.

I’m not baffled by it at all, or averse to risk. I was just baffled at some of the comments about managers who had got several teams promoted, compared to a man who flopped when he tried management previously.

• Like 1

There was talk about Maresca joining Celtic on radio over the weekend. 

One of the journalists pointed out that he doesn't tend to stay in jobs long and he was seen as risky. 

It's a good opportunity for him to lay down some roots and build something. 

16 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I'm not against an inexperienced manager but that tweet doesn't tell the whole story...

12 out of the last 18 teams promoted to the Premier League DID have previous experience.  And there's no mention of how many inexperienced managers didn't get promoted.  I don't know the answer btw, just an alternate view of the statement.

It doesn’t touch on whether they had a track record abroad either.  Which is also clearly less of a risk.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m not baffled by it at all, or averse to risk. I was just baffled at some of the comments about managers who had got several teams promoted, compared to a man who flopped when he tried management previously.

Can you really judge some one over 14 games? He won 4 drew 5 lost 5. 

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Isn’t that the whole point on why it’s a risk, as opposed to just the  results that season.

Well it’s not the point he was making , he called him a flop. He’s not a flop, what about De Zerbi only managed in the Ukraine, I’d rather give this guy a chance than some one to just get us promoted and then sacked like Parker.

25 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I'm not against an inexperienced manager but that tweet doesn't tell the whole story...

12 out of the last 18 teams promoted to the Premier League DID have previous experience.  And there's no mention of how many inexperienced managers didn't get promoted.  I don't know the answer btw, just an alternate view of the statement.

It's 1/3 of the book and without having the actual stats on all the managers during that period, it will be way more managers of the total that had Championship experience already.

Anyway, this is a risk, I'm not even sure I'd have gone with this choice from the off. I respect the bravery of the decision though and I think this is very surprising.

• Like 3