Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

37 minutes ago, bovril said:

Some on this forum need to cool down. I know it's hot and he's a sexy southern Italian but seriously...

Just now, bovril said:

Looks more like a chinos and tight t-shirt manager 

Ok I need to practice what I preach here

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

He worked with Pellegrini at West Ham, and has been an assistant at Seville and Ascoli.  Just because someone isn't experienced, doesn't mean they are bad - i don't know who he worked under at his first jobs but Pellegrini and Pep are pretty decent mentors - an alternative like Parker has more match day experience, but his only period of mentorship was a few games under ranieri at fulham - which is probably why he appears to have such a low ceiling...

I don't think anyone is saying 'it can't fail' - but just sense the mood already, suddenly the misery of last year is starting to slip away.

Agree with this. No guarantees even if a big and well known face came in. Seems like he has been learning his craft and wants to step up to the plate.

6 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I don't know about not taking risks over the last couple of years. Top and company gambled the whole premier future of the club by not investing in new players at the start of the season knowing full well that most of the player's contracts were ending, and not sacking Rodgers early enough. look where that gamble has gotten us? 

I understand what you’re saying, but I guess I mean that the risk/gamble last year would have been to get rid of Rodgers sooner or spend big in January…. We spent far too safely…

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

Thank god its not Parker, Smith or Ole.

This could work out to be quite an astute appointment. 100% behind this. 

Or a myriad of other useless individuals whose names have been bandied about this last month.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The question is still whether any manager will be allowed to ride out a rough run... modern clubs, owners and fans, are notoriously skittish and will sack (Rodgers aside) at the drop of a point.

If we appoint Maresca, then hopefully we are looking at building a system and a squad, does that mean no promotion in year 1... or 2?... Would ANY manager get to xmas of 24 and keep their job if we arent in the top 4?

I think you've answered your own question - they allowed BR time to rediscover some form and, initially, it paid off - when everyone else was sacking managers, for us it was a last resort and i think they'd have stuck it out to the end of the season if it hadn't been for the home fan toxicity.  Granted in hindsight it failed, but it's fair to say the club didn't panic and sack him (even if perhaps they should) - the point is, they don't seem to have a watford-mentality when it comes to patience.

Maresca is going into the unknown, but I have a feeling this could work out well. He is young and was assistant to one of the greatest managers ever. I’m sure Arsenal fans aren’t regretting taking on Arteta now, despite a wobbly start. We need to give him time, there is a major rebuild needed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I don't know about not taking risks over the last couple of years. Top and company gambled the whole premier future of the club by not investing in new players at the start of the season knowing full well that most of the player's contracts were ending, and not sacking Rodgers early enough. look where that gamble has gotten us? 

The difference is that was not a risk they chose to take, that was simply the situation they were in.

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Not sure everyone on here would agree with your take on this.  But you are entitled to your opinion, so let’s leave it there.

No, probably not - because leicester fans seem to have very short memories - it's standard practice here to love a player/manager and then end up hating them and forgetting all the great things they did.

7 minutes ago, Dames said:

Thank god its not Parker, Smith or Ole.

This could work out to be quite an astute appointment. 100% behind this. 

The club bosses needed to make an exciting appointment after their disastrous managing of recent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

No, probably not - because leicester fans seem to have very short memories - it's standard practice here to love a player/manager and then end up hating them and forgetting all the great things they did.

With the exception of Pearson. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1