Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Depends, Leeds announced there would be no staff redundancies.... we did not. So i've no idea how much smaller the off pitch teams are at present. 

You'll noticed on twitter the last few weeks there's been a real drop in the use of graphics, just very simple player images instead. So it might be that some have gone, or like a lot of Champ clubs we are in the middle of our two week shut down.

A host of jobs that were advertised on the website were deleted within a matter of days of relegation.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Brexit means the EU/EEA staff will need work permits. Maresca wil be fine, one would assume, but they'll be delays in getting some of the lesser names.

Poo bums. 

I was getting fizzy pants thinking about a coaching staff full of superstar South Americans he knows from his playing days in Italy and Spain. 

To be honest if he can give us a style, an identity and a vision along with some entertaining football I would find this better than having some average clogger like Parker with his sideways dross ball.

Im sick of going and watching complete bilge week on week, so anything is a step up on that. The last 2 years at home have been awful (bar the odd game of flase hope), I want us to set up to win games not draw 0-0.

As well as quality, we need to also see some agression, mentality and fitness. 

• Like 2

So after the ink has dried let’s get behind the guy and show we support him and the team and not condemn him before the season starts.

If he gets the lbs off some of the players and get them fit like the Man City squad we may be in for a good season.

I for one give him my full backing and think the club have made a good choice and not rushed in and installed another Rodgers.

25 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's only really last season I wasn't ever really excited and even that had the 4-0 forest, 4-1 Spurs and 4-2 Villa. I've wanted Rogers gone for a year, but the amount of excitement I had in 2019/20 with the football we were playing. We have had pretty much at least 10 years of excitement, the pessimist has had maybe 2 years of boredom. How you can be more excited about Enzo than you were Rogers in 2019 is beyond me, as others have said he hasn't done anything yet, whereas however sour it ended with Rogers, he was at least proven at the time of hiring.

Maybe you're right. Maybe there's some rewriting of history, but I certainly "feel" the same. It feels like this is the most excited I've been about a new manager. 

Probably because the last 2 years have been SO shit that it wipes away memories of the good. 

I agree with Simon Jordan. You can't spin that his record at Leicester is good when he ultimately killed us as a team. Maybe we would have accepted it in advance but right now he feels like a stain that now we've removed it, we need to forget all about him, the good and all. 

5 minutes ago, The Fosse Way said:

Afternoon all,

A new era begins… This seems like the best place for a first post. So a brief intro because this is about Maresca really - we started up a year ago and have enjoyed/endured covering one of the more ridiculous 12 months in LCFC’s history, similar to what BSLB had in mind but written instead of spoken and none of us have bought a caravan (although Ric has written for us too).

Just trying to give a platform for writers without any irritating ads or paywalls - one place for fans to read longer articles about the club on and off the pitch.

Loads on the site going back over the past year. We won’t spam you with everything as it’s posted but will link to the occasional highlight - here’s today’s article on Maresca which may be of interest:

The Leicester Way

Up the City!

Welcome! 

14 minutes ago, bmt said:

If we went up playing shit parker football we'd come straight back down. We have a real chance to build something exciting here, I think it's a really positive appointment. I'm glad we are trying something new.

But honestly supporting leicester has been a drag this season and this feels like something fresh, Parker would have been more of the same

But in your scenario we are shit and fail to go up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Agree with your second paragraph. And it reflects well on Top & Rudkin: shows planning, vision & boldness. None of those traits were evident from either of them during the last 18 months.

.. I suspect Pep rang Rudkin to ask him to consider Maresca as a candidate!!!

Rudkin would have been so excited than he would have promised him the job before having an interview. 

There is really no way that I can see, that anyone at this club would look to bring this manager in, due as you said to the last 18 months of inaction leaving Rodgers to burn the club down.

Baron Von Nobacking aimed his Messerschmitt at the KP, running sorties all night.

• Haha 1

Just now, wurmer said:

Longer than that

How? 

2019 Rodgers came in and we were looking to break into top 4, we finished 5th in his first full season 

2020 we looked to build on that with promising talent like Fofana and Castagne coming in and won the FA Cup and finished 5th again with the same target of achieving top 4. 

2021 Still signing young up and coming talent in Soumare and Daka to again try to breach top 4. Injuries and the financial effects of COVID begin to kill us, on top of contract mistakes and Bertrand & Vestergaard signings. 

2022 It all went to shit and we didn't have a clue 

So pretty much, 12 months without a plan. 

Sorry if that comes across strong but just trying to summarise it all! :)

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah i would, rather that the mess we'd have if we got up under parker

You'd rather be a mess in the championship than in the permier league... you must have been giddy with excitement at the thought of relegation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Babylon said:

But in your scenario we are shit and fail to go up. 

It's about trying something different so we can at least know we have. Honestly with Parker I wouldn't have wanted to go to games and now I will. For me having won everything we did it's not just about results anymore.

To be fair I felt similar when we got Sousa...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Maybe you're right. Maybe there's some rewriting of history, but I certainly "feel" the same. It feels like this is the most excited I've been about a new manager. 

Probably because the last 2 years have been SO shit that it wipes away memories of the good. 

I agree with Simon Jordan. You can't spin that his record at Leicester is good when he ultimately killed us as a team. Maybe we would have accepted it in advance but right now he feels like a stain that now we've removed it, we need to forget all about him, the good and all. 

Recruitment is the biggest thing in football (or most jobs), Eddie Howe was asked how much could be attributed to the coach he said 30%. If we have Glover right and a pipeline of Man City prospects that are attainable, hopefully we are dealing with the 70% regardless of Enzos capabilities. Plus I do agree we need somebody in with a point to prove.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

Recruitment is the biggest thing in football, Eddie Howe was asked how much could be attributed to the coach he said 30%. If we have Glover right and a pipeline of Man City prospects that are attainable, hopefully we are dealing with the 70% regardless of Enzos capabilities. Plus I do agree we need somebody on with a point to prove.

whilst I agree with your point, Howe is being modest here I reckon