Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Potter is an interesting one for me. We know he is a "project" manager, I'm not sure he's the sort of guy who wants to come in mid season (look how it went at Chelsea), realistically who in the Premier League is changing their manager in the summer? Palace? I think they want Hutter don't they?

West Ham? I think they Keep Moyes, I don't think Spurs would be interested.

Got a feeling Potter could be interested.

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Potter is an interesting one for me. We know he is a "project" manager, I'm not sure he's the sort of guy who wants to come in mid season (look how it went at Chelsea), realistically who in the Premier League is changing their manager in the summer? Palace? I think they want Hutter don't they?

Potter's stock is still high, especially how badly Lampard is doing, showing Chelsea is a poisoned chalice right now.

I suspect he will take the summer off and look to get back in a Premier League job when the first sackings start to happening. 

He is considered a top Premier League manager, and if he took us over and failed to get us back up, his stock would drop massively. Can't see him taking that risk personally.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Personally I think unlikely, also he has no backroom staff at the moment.

LCFC are trying to find the leaks within the club so having to keep quiet on a few things atm.

95% sure Smith & Co won't be here next season.

...so we keep Shakey to be a part of his staff!!!

55 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Potter's stock is still high, especially how badly Lampard is doing, showing Chelsea is a poisoned chalice right now.

I suspect he will take the summer off and look to get back in a Premier League job when the first sackings start to happening. 

He is considered a top Premier League manager, and if he took us over and failed to get us back up, his stock would drop massivelyr. Can't see him taking that risk personally.

I’m not so sure about this. Potter is a builder, not an emergency repair man. I suspect he’d much prefer to have a full transfer window and preseason with a squad than to be brought in during November to sort out somebody else’s mess. 

I think he’ll take a job this summer and I think he’ll be looking for a club where he can really make his mark like he did at Brighton. Whether our board can persuade him to consider us is a different matter. 

42 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I’m not so sure about this. Potter is a builder, not an emergency repair man. I suspect he’d much prefer to have a full transfer window and preseason with a squad than to be brought in during November to sort out somebody else’s mess. 

I think he’ll take a job this summer and I think he’ll be looking for a club where he can really make his mark like he did at Brighton. Whether our board can persuade him to consider us is a different matter. 

Maybe so, I just don't think it will be in the Championship.

Very happy to be proved wrong though! Would be a great appointment, whether we stay up or not! 

8 hours ago, Tuna said:

I was literally about to post the same thing. 

I think Potter might be interest him. If we assured him that we would invest, and that the aim is to get out of the league straight away, and it give Porter an opportunity to rebuild himself. One thing I’ll give Brendan credit for, is after the Liverpool debacle he went over to Scotland and returned a serial winner, if did no harm to his career…. (Then he screwed up with us granted).

But it could be a good move for Potter, and like you said I think he would actually be interested. 

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

You’re guessing, you/we have no idea of what has been discussed. They’ve clearly come to the conclusion there was a very good chance of getting relegated hence BR being sacked, as Dmith has failed to spectacularly turn things around I’d doubt they are assuming we will be in the PL next season and basing their plans on that.

Oh  absolutely I am guessing but it is a guess based on the poor standard of leadership we have seen over the last two years. I think with the with Top and Rudkin in charge of anything, everything has to be assume the worst.  

I am having trouble coming to terms with how far our stock has fallen and adjusting expectations accordingly.

We all seem to be clinging to the hope of attracting a manager none of us wanted 5 minutes ago and was seen as Brendan lite.

Its sh*t being sh*t.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be interesting to see if Cooper remains as Forest boss wouldn't put it across them if they sack him next week. Despite keeping them in the division. Would be great for us.

....I  cannot see them sacking him, they have sacked everyone else around him,  and allowed him get on with things!!!

Not sure why you would believe he would be good for us. He had players coming in without his say-so and he didn't put his foot down. If he had anything about him he would have walked. 

It has taken a whole season to put out a coherent team from players, that even we were envying going across to them.

A massive underachievement this season,  they can keep him.

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I just don’t see any way Potter will go to the Championship.  He’ll get a first-division job for sure, almost surely a PL one if he wants it.

I suppose it will come down to which PL jobs are available. I can see him taking the Spurs job if it's offered to him, but he's currently 11/1 for that (Rodgers is 2nd favourite at 4/1). How many other PL jobs are likely to be on offer? It looks like Hodgson will stay at Palace and Moyes will stay at West Ham. Everton are supposedly after Vieira. 

Potter's choice may well come to: 1) Waiting for somebody to be sacked in October/November and stepping in to try and sort out the mess (but this is not really his specialty); 2) Taking a job overseas, eg the Nice job he's been linked with; or 3) Dropping down a division to manage a fantastic club in the English Midlands with recent success in the PL, but badly in need of a total refresh.

I reckon it will be either 2) or 3). Probably 2), but you never know.

Edited by ClaphamFox

I think if we stay up its Potter and if we go down the club will look at Rafa (Although serious talk he heads to Napoli next season as Spaletti may quit).

If it was me, I'd go Van Nistelrooy if we stay up and Carlos Corboran if we go down.

Mckenna would be my choice but as someone said not sure he would want to join the carnage here.

Corboran is second but he has signed till 2027 and someone ITK seems to say he creates a toxic atmosphere . . 

I don't want Robins or Edwards, the former has just signed a four year deal and while yes he has done wonders at Coventry he's not a 'quick fix' type manager and the thing that worries me about Edwards is that Nathan Jones did well at Luton too. That said, I cannot deny they've done good jobs.

You could go old school - Warnock - wouldn't be popular and fitting with the brand but he still has it in him.

I dont know about the continent - I think its a big risk but then I thought Kompany was a huge mistake.

We could do way worse than Pearson, but I understand those that say we cant keep going back.

Carrick worries me in that when the pressure was on they crumbled, but he has rejuvenated them.

Mckenna
Corboran
Carrick
Warnock

in that order.

4 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Mckenna would be my choice but as someone said not sure he would want to join the carnage here.

Corboran is second but he has signed till 2027 and someone ITK seems to say he creates a toxic atmosphere . . 

I don't want Robins or Edwards, the former has just signed a four year deal and while yes he has done wonders at Coventry he's not a 'quick fix' type manager and the thing that worries me about Edwards is that Nathan Jones did well at Luton too. That said, I cannot deny they've done good jobs.

You could go old school - Warnock - wouldn't be popular and fitting with the brand but he still has it in him.

I dont know about the continent - I think its a big risk but then I thought Kompany was a huge mistake.

We could do way worse than Pearson, but I understand those that say we cant keep going back.

Carrick worries me in that when the pressure was on they crumbled, but he has rejuvenated them.

Mckenna
Corboran
Carrick
Warnock

in that order.

...slim pickings!!!