Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, LFEFox23 said:

Potter would be nice but not realistic in financial and reality terms. :please:

Do admire the job Robins has done at Cov, but they could be promoted and he has recently signed a new deal.:nono:

McKenna from Ipswich ?

No chance he comes here and a good season in League 1 ???? We need experience and not a punt imo .................big big decision ............like previous posts had mentioned Rafa would be a damn good choice - he would not tolerate some of the attitudes we have in the current squad....attract talent and has a point to prove plus would get us ready for the prem too

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dayday said:

So I was told at work today that  Darren Bent thinks he has it on good authority that Potter will be the new boss 

I really hope he is right, when they smashed us down there place, I was so impressed with them 

There press and energy levels was outstanding 

I still remain to be convinced that it was Potter and not the infrastructure at BHA - look at their new gaffer and what he has achieved ------he has made Potter look average and he was way out of his depth at Chelsea........not sure about him personally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

No you don’t. Kompany, Bielsa and Nuno had no experience in the championship. 

It’s a massive gamble tho. But I do like the risk! We cannot get this wrong we need to come straight back up first time of asking. I really am concerned with what the Board are going to do unfortunately 

9 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

It’s a massive gamble tho. But I do like the risk! We cannot get this wrong we need to come straight back up first time of asking. I really am concerned with what the Board are going to do unfortunately 

Agree. I want us to at least look further afield than just managers with experience in the championship and premiership. Give me Van Nistelrooy or Diego Martinez over Rowett or Hassenhutl any day. 

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. I want us to at least look further afield than just managers with experience in the championship and premiership. Give me Van Nistelrooy or Diego Martinez over Rowett or Hassenhutl any day. 

Van Nistelrooy could be a good shout. 

I don't know much about his PSV side but Kompany jumped down to the championship in order to get to the Prem so maybe he would be willing to do the same? 

1 minute ago, lee7 said:

Van Nistelrooy could be a good shout. 

I don't know much about his PSV side but Kompany jumped down to the championship in order to get to the Prem so maybe he would be willing to do the same? 

Hope so. Won 2 trophies with PSV this season. 

7 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I still remain to be convinced that it was Potter and not the infrastructure at BHA - look at their new gaffer and what he has achieved ------he has made Potter look average and he was way out of his depth at Chelsea........not sure about him personally

I think it’s the other way round. I’ll be interesting to see how De Zerbi gets on on the next few years when Brighton start losing their best players. Remember when Rodgers first inherited our squad full of potential…. Look at the state of us now 

19 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

I think it’s the other way round. I’ll be interesting to see how De Zerbi gets on on the next few years when Brighton start losing their best players. Remember when Rodgers first inherited our squad full of potential…. Look at the state of us now 

Potter didn’t choose the players, he just coaches 

14 hours ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Mckenna would be my choice but as someone said not sure he would want to join the carnage here.

Corboran is second but he has signed till 2027 and someone ITK seems to say he creates a toxic atmosphere . . 

I don't want Robins or Edwards, the former has just signed a four year deal and while yes he has done wonders at Coventry he's not a 'quick fix' type manager and the thing that worries me about Edwards is that Nathan Jones did well at Luton too. That said, I cannot deny they've done good jobs.

You could go old school - Warnock - wouldn't be popular and fitting with the brand but he still has it in him.

I dont know about the continent - I think its a big risk but then I thought Kompany was a huge mistake.

We could do way worse than Pearson, but I understand those that say we cant keep going back.

Carrick worries me in that when the pressure was on they crumbled, but he has rejuvenated them.

Mckenna
Corboran
Carrick
Warnock

in that order.

Warnock?

Warnock?

Warnock?

How did it get to this?

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Old Fox said:

well this is where the argument falls down (you’re not the only one saying it) Brighton… the so called club that everyone are saying get everything right… hired him.  So if they are as great as everyone says… they can pick a good manager. So if they thought he was great… he probably is. 

I don’t think anyone would have been successful at chelsea with the type of signings they were going for. There was no plan or foresight at all. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Honestly and more interested in who we keep/ get player wise.

...I  think it is one of the most important decisions that has to be made!!!

The most pressing is a DoF that defines the identity of this team. He brings in a manager that suits the type of football we wish to play, and both work towards the players we need to bring in.

It is of little use we look to retain certain players and think that will be good enough, we have seen whoever takes the field, we struggle due to having no coherent plan, no leadership and no direction.

We should not be concentrating on the players, we have more important positions to fill.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Hassenhuttl would be my choice if we went down. I thnk he would inject some real energy into the side and would give him a great chance to come back stronger like Marco Silva has done at Fulham. 

...we just cannot leave Southampton alone!!!

One of the last name I would wish to see on a list. It is as we all have given up hope.

Where ever we find ourselves on Sunday evening, we have to see this as an opportunity and not run panicking into a situation where we will be looking to extract ourselves in 6 months.

19 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Hasenhuttl is unfairly judged for losing 9-0 to us when we were on fire. The 9-0 is also a ridiculous thing to judge a manager for us potentially in the championship. I'm not ruling it out, but I highly doubt that anyone will beat us 9-0 in the championship. 

....that is probably what Southampton thought!!!

Only it went on to happen again.

17 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

A really good Brendan Rodgers team though. Easy to forget how very good we were - for a little while, until it all collapsed in on itself in a little soggy pile of failure.

Even so, the only team concede 9 at home in the PL. We were good but weren't that good.