Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

9 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Really? Veira? 

In the Championship, after the rebuild he did with Palace? Definitely.

People are talking about Pearson and Warnock FFS!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He was fully taking palace down till hodgeson came in. Palace fans hate him! 

Palace were never in any danger of being relegated this season. They’d had a wretched run of fixtures which really didn’t help Vieira. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Quite likely we will be a different league to Palace, so their fans thoughts about his performance for last 3 months of the Premier League before he was arguably harshly sacked would be the least of my worries.

I’d be more looking at the fact that the majority of the current squad were signed in his time there.

I’d assume you’d have similar thoughts if we were Burnley fans 12 months ago when they hired Kompany after a few average seasons with Anderlecht?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-vs-aberdeen-live-score-30090647.amp

Last season I said we should go get Ange. His “we never stop” mentality - ie. they will never let their foot off the pedal - would be greatly refreshing to us especially given Rodger’s negative mentality. The positive mentality runs through the Celtic team deeply and this will stay with them for a while even if Ange leaves. They have scored the most goals in a season in the post war era.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

No they don't, in any way. Most were despondent that they got Roy back. Viera's side were playing good football, they were undone by the fact most of his last ten games were against sides in the top 8 when they played them.

You'll struggle to find any Palace players who have a bad word to say either. They were 12th when he was sacked, never in danger of relegation with all the dirge below them.

3 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

7 minutes ago, iancognito said:

No they don't, in any way. Most were despondent that they got Roy back. Viera's side were playing good football, they were undone by the fact most of his last ten games were against sides in the top 8 when they played them.

You'll struggle to find any Palace players who have a bad word to say either. They were 12th when he was sacked, never in danger of relegation with all the dirge below them.

This 💯%!! I took a good look on their forum when he left and almost everybody thought it was a bad/ harsh call. 

It’s only if you speak to a palace fan now that the view has changed. Because they suddenly started scoring lots of goals with the new manager bounce people started to claim that viera was playing with the handbrake on. I’m not sure that’s fully true though and more just the freedom you sometimes get with a new manager ( or an old friend for many of them) 

To be honest I think most of those managerial options are pretty good and it would just be smith i’d be extremely dissapointed with. The question is whether or not the list stays the same if we somehow stay in the prem… because in that situation it becomes underwhelming 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

This 💯%!! I took a good look on their forum when he left and almost everybody thought it was a bad/ harsh call. 

It’s only if you speak to a palace fan now that the view has changed. Because they suddenly started scoring lots of goals with the new manager bounce people started to claim that viera was playing with the handbrake on. I’m not sure that’s fully true though and more just the freedom you sometimes get with a new manager ( or an old friend for many of them) 

To be honest I think most of those managerial options are pretty good and it would just be smith i’d be extremely dissapointed with. The question is whether or not the list stays the same if we somehow stay in the prem… because in that situation it becomes underwhelming 

...he was playing with the handbrake on!!!

He became more and more cautious in his approach to games, and he would have dropped them unto the relegation battle.

Once they started the slide, he could not get out of it, and turned up at our ground looking for a draw. A basket case team such as ours, and he was looking for a draw from the outset. 

I have said before,  the the talent in that team, he should gave been pushing for top 6. Hodgson walks in and gets them fired up and turned it all around. That was a team laden with fire power,  an ex winger at fullback, a winger infront of him in midfield and Zaha in front of him with Olise on the right hand side.

He wasn't pulling up any trees in the states, but can put a team together,  just cannot manage them to success, tactically bereft, or a lack of conviction, pretty much an underachiever in this respect. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

12 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Thoughts on Matthias Jaissle? 

Could do with a new poll with Potter, Vieira, Hasenhuttle, Jaissle and Dean Smith as a shortlist :thumbup:

Happy with that list with exception of Smith, who to be honest is probably on the list as he is the current custodian of the role and would be pretty daft of the board not to have him on the list given he is going to be in charge of todays game which is massive for our future. 

25 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Nuno Espitito Santos

That's a good shout. I've completely forgotten about him. Did wonders for Wolves, before it went a BIT astray (though not bad enough for me to have doubts about him). Where is he now / what  clubs has he been with?

Personally I think we have to be bold about this. Don't have any qualms about depriving a club of their manager and make sure it's someone up for a TOTAL rebuild. 

As things stand, I think we'll be left with Iversen, Faes, Kristiansen and not much else. Cags, Maddison, Barnes, Daka, KDH, Castagne, Tielemans and others will all go.

We need another Kompany.

• Like 2

Whoever it is they want in the club need to get a move on and get it done as soon as possible

If it is Potter they want and if by the end of the month (Wednesday) they are still having to try and convince him just move on to someone else

We haven’t got time to piss about chasing managers for weeks

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Whoever it is they want in the club need to get a move on and get it done as soon as possible

If it is Potter they want and if by the end of the month (Wednesday) they are still having to try and convince him just move on to someone else

We haven’t got time to piss about chasing managers for weeks

Exactly this. Lots of work to do this Summer, no time for Rudders and Whelan to do a review / sitting on our hands.

Need to sell the stars to being in cash to finance the rebuild.

we need players in for the start of preseason.

Well it won’t be potter now and whilst I get some of you hold  big Nige as some sort of God I doubt even he could sort out this fubar. Sooooooo ladies and gentleman, welcome Dean Smith. 

To be honest with the current faith I have in the board, I expect there will be no concrete news for about a month, with various rumours not coming to fruition before announcing Dean Smith is permanent manager on like a 5 year deal and then flash forward to us 17th by Christmas.

I desperately hope not, but that's just the confidence I have at this point.

On reflection, I wouldn't be opposed to Mark Robins. Ex-Leicester, has done a great job with Coventry on minuscule funds and will probably be looking at that job as one he's taken as far as he can with the impending departures of Gyokeres and/or Hamer; they only scored 12 goals that weren't scored or assisted by those two and they won't have the funds to replace them.

Other than that, go for someone radical who can breathe new life into us a la Kompany at Burnley. No obvious candidates for the Championship, but I actually think we'll be a big draw for managers at that level. We're a far bigger and better club than we were in 2014.