Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Now, just putting it out there, but what about Lampard? there'll not be a manager you'll get that'll work as hard, and he most likely has links to Chelsea who are looking to offload players, may get very good players on loan, i know it's a punt, but any manager is a gamble

Expect pelters lol

Gerrard definitely a better punt than Lampard but both are too much of a risk and quite frankly not qualified enough. We need to get it right.

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Now, just putting it out there, but what about Lampard? there'll not be a manager you'll get that'll work as hard, and he most likely has links to Chelsea who are looking to offload players, may get very good players on loan, i know it's a punt, but any manager is a gamble

Lots of Leicester fans on the liquor today

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Expect pelters lol

Gerrard definitely a better punt than Lampard but both are too much of a risk and quite frankly not qualified enough. We need to get it right.

i get it, i'm just a fan, but seems to me, alot of the time it's about recruitment, so a manager with connections to a big club helps, as well as gaining respect from players. I

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

i get it, i'm just a fan, but seems to me, alot of the time it's about recruitment, so a manager with connections to a big club helps, as well as gaining respect from players. I

Can definitely see where you’re coming from, his Derby side had Tomori and Mount, but did only just scrape into the play-offs.

I wonder what our relationships are like with clubs such as Chelsea considering the vast amount of deals in the past. We’ve typically been tough negotiators so wonder whether they’d be willing to do us any favours.

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

And people scoff at Pearson?

Lampard should start again in League Two talks a good game but he’s genuinely a shocking manager. I could have won more games for Chelsea 

5 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Can definitely see where you’re coming from, his Derby side had Tomori and Mount, but did only just scrape into the play-offs.

I wonder what our relationships are like with clubs such as Chelsea considering the vast amount of deals in the past. We’ve typically been tough negotiators so wonder whether they’d be willing to do us any favours.

Chelsea, Man C and Man U can send us all the loans we desire given how firm but fair we were with the Drinkwater, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire deals. They’ve cherry picked us for years. About time they return the ****ing favour. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bald reynard said:

That's a good shout. I've completely forgotten about him. Did wonders for Wolves, before it went a BIT astray (though not bad enough for me to have doubts about him). Where is he now / what  clubs has he been with?

...hated the one nation setup that he had at Wolves!!!

This is a worldwide game, and you choose to have a team populated by the same countrymen.

I would hate to have a setup here like that.

4 hours ago, Matt said:

Admitedly when Rodgers first went initial logic led me to wanting Potter, it was a bit of knee jerk opinion.

He did build Brighton into what they are and for that he does tick an important box.

I quickly went off the idea when I weighed everything up, his style is very much Rodgersesque. For that i'm concerned that if he is our number 1 target and we insistent on going down the route that they've learnt nothing.

Thankfully don't think he'd touch us now but hopefully the board have a word with themselves about what style and direction they take us down. Unfortunately I think hope is all it will be. 

.. I can understand your reluctance to trust the board, and the impending decisions for the club!!!

This belief that Potter would not come here seems indicative of the names that are being mentioned  on this forum. 

The little club mentality running through this thread is a pointer to where we could end up. We need to be selling this club to managers that you would not believe would come here. Feelers should have been put out during our run in to bring in the best that we can bring in.

Names like Bielsa, Rafa,Smith , Viera, Mckenna or Robins should all be bottom of a long list. Most posters see us as a floundering fish in a shallow pool, if we keep acting like that, and we will surely drown.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KFS said:

Chelsea, Man C and Man U can send us all the loans we desire given how firm but fair we were with the Drinkwater, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire deals. They’ve cherry picked us for years. About time they return the ****ing favour. 

..so we develop their players for them, that will teach them!!!

43 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

We're going to struggle to put out an eleven next season.

League 1 is closer than the Premier League. 

..there is far too much pessimism in this thread, we need to start to embrace where we are and be excited to build!!!

This is an opportunity to put right what went so wrong with Rodgers and his staff, we are intent on feeling sorry for ourselves, it really is not all that bad. I am not a happy clapper, but naval gazing and short term thinking is not going to resolve our issues.

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

That’s what we get for the season we’ve had 

...we did not deserve this abomination of a season, Rodgers and his cohorts had his players in a mental restraint, that we could not undo in 10 games!!!

Disbanding this team will help to break the trance that they are in, we need a new leader, and a fresh beginning.