Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...we did not deserve this abomination of a season, Rodgers and his cohorts had his players in a mental restraint, that we could not undo in 10 games!!!

Disbanding this team will help to break the trance that they are in, we need a new leader, and a fresh beginning.

Don’t disagree but your comment about developing the big six team’s players is an odd one. It’s a cheap way to bounce back, especially for a financially fooked side like ours 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we did not deserve this abomination of a season, Rodgers and his cohorts had his players in a mental restraint, that we could not undo in 10 games!!!

Disbanding this team will help to break the trance that they are in, we need a new leader, and a fresh beginning.

Didn't we?

The table doesn't lie.

Just like it didn't when we came first.

I'll never defend Rodgers, but I'm happier to slate the owner.

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Rafa, yes might not be attractive football but he knows how to organize a team and make them hard to beat.

Sadly don't think he would come here.

This is the worst route we could go down for me. Give us a young upcoming manager who can build the club and mould it whilst creating a connection with the fan base again. We’re about to go through our biggest rebuild as a playing staff, let them be involved in the players who come in and the style of play they want to take the club forward with. Another journeyman like Rafa and we will be paying far too much for another manager who will only be here in the short term, having us play football we don’t want to watch, and then if we get up will most likely be gone before Christmas leaving us in no better position than what we have been this season.

• Like 4

I think I wouldn't even mind Dean Smith still being around.

Let's be honest him and his team took on a hard job here with this squad who were already mentally and physically checked out.

Would be interesting to see what he could do with a bunch of players who want to be here.

Feel we will go for Scott Parker, whoever comes in I hope things move fast and we have a plan in place.

But knowing our club it will be unorganized chaos.

4 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Here’s one from left field - Matias Almeyda. Argentinian manager who just won a double in Greece in his first year and had enormous success in Mexico before that. Offensive Manager that gets the most out of his players.

Played for Sevilla, Lazio and Inter Milan as a player so he’s got the pedigree.

Rudders and Top will never of heard of him.

26 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This is the worst route we could go down for me. Give us a young upcoming manager who can build the club and mould it whilst creating a connection with the fan base again. We’re about to go through our biggest rebuild as a playing staff, let them be involved in the players who come in and the style of play they want to take the club forward with. Another journeyman like Rafa and we will be paying far too much for another manager who will only be here in the short term, having us play football we don’t want to watch, and then if we get up will most likely be gone before Christmas leaving us in no better position than what we have been this season.

Whilst I agree, I just don't think that usually there are any long term managers anymore. A combination of familiarity from players and messages becoming stale seem to be the order of the day. Managers like Ferguson were a one off I fear.

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I agree, I just don't think that usually there are any long term managers anymore. A combination of familiarity from players and messages becoming stale seem to be the order of the day. Managers like Ferguson were a one off I fear.

I’m not talking long term like Fergie or Wenger, more just not going down a route where we identify someone as a the quickest route back to the prem but doesn’t actually create a culture and environment on and off the field the club can thrive on and brings some stability. An appointment like a Rafa for me brings ugly football, a continued disconnect between the fans and club, then what happens when we’re back in the prem? He’s gone after not too long and we’re chopping and changing hoping someone has enough about them to try and keep a group of players up that again aren’t as fully invested in our fight.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I think I wouldn't even mind Dean Smith still being around.

Let's be honest him and his team took on a hard job here with this squad who were already mentally and physically checked out.

Would be interesting to see what he could do with a bunch of players who want to be here.

Feel we will go for Scott Parker, whoever comes in I hope things move fast and we have a plan in place.

But knowing our club it will be unorganized chaos.

Mmmm I didn't rate Dean's team selection much of the time. Souttar & Mendy persistently found themselves out of the team, despite being our better performers. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I’m not talking long term like Fergie or Wenger, more just not going down a route where we identify someone as a the quickest route back to the prem but doesn’t actually create a culture and environment on and off the field the club can thrive on and brings some stability. An appointment like a Rafa for me brings ugly football, a continued disconnect between the fans and club, then what happens when we’re back in the prem? He’s gone after not too long and we’re chopping and changing hoping someone has enough about them to try and keep a group of players up that again aren’t as fully invested in our fight.

I do agree. Rodgers serves as a great example of name over substance. Regardless of two top 5 finishes, I'd never been so bored with the football or felt so disenfranchised with the club. Certain individual performances or moments of magic in those turgid performances gained enough points to enable us to flatter to deceive. It was clear that it was all going to come down like a pack of cards for various reasons. I just honestly thought that the powers that be would eventually see through Rodgers con trick and get rid with plenty of time to spare. Got that wrong didn't I!

Yes, we need a breath of fresh air into the club to blow the cobwebs of despair away. We don't need a tired old message with a dull manager just to get back up into the Premiership for one season. 

I'd much sooner have a riskier outside against all the odds chance manager like Cambiasso (not at all likely,  just an example), than a tired old, gone round the block has been. Neither would I get hung up on an exotic or foreign sounding name just for the sake of it one, but wouldn't discount a foreign manager totally. Vincent Kompany when he first went to Burnley would be an ideal type for me.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't keep Smith, that's the first thing.   It's looked like disorganised chaos at times.  The team selections have been baffling as well, and probably by half time in the Fulham game, I was sure that Smith was most definitely not the answer long term, in my eyes anyway.

• Like 1