Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

29 minutes ago, ronnup said:

They'll keep Smith,  you watch 

UUnfortunately, I agree with you, as uninspiring a manager as Deano would make. Top probably sees him as Pearson MK2 what with his proper football man (PFM) bravado.

34 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I don’t think Smith was as bad as some fans made out - we had two fundamental issues of goalkeeper and fitness - that he couldn’t solve. Don’t get me wrong, Iversen was an improvement vs. Ward but we don’t lose 5-3 to Fulham with an experienced, quality keeper. Leno has been massive for Fulham, a big factor in their success.

And we performed well on expected goals - it was fine margins in the end. 

But agree he’s not the right person - we need a younger, more energetic manager who will reform the club top to bottom. A younger version of Pearson. Who that is, I don’t know. 

Rudkin, in among his many failings, appears to lack European knowledge so unlikely we get anyone imaginative. It’s one of the reasons why we stuck too long with BR, he was a one-trick pony. 

Agree on that,  I sat there yesterday thinking he’s finally sorted them out. 

If only we had got him in a few weeks earlier…..

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, chris2208 said:

Gerrard for me. Did brilliantly at Rangers and will have chance to build his own squad from scratch. Either way a new manager needs to be announced sooner rather than later.

Christ no

38 minutes ago, chris2208 said:

Gerrard for me. Did brilliantly at Rangers and will have chance to build his own squad from scratch. Either way a new manager needs to be announced sooner rather than later.

He did a slightly below average job at one of his previous clubs so naturally he should be allowed nowhere near ours. Let's go all our for the failed Derby and Leuven manager instead!!!!!

41 minutes ago, chris2208 said:

If winning 1 trophy in 3 years in a league where there are only effectively 2 competitive teams, after the end of a managerial, trophy winning era at the other club is doing brilliant,  I'd hate to see what doing shit looks like.

Anyway it's Lampard for me....

All the managers i wanted went and got new jobs by the time our board got around to binning brendan. so i really dont know now. at least dean smith is already here and can start building right now, without us wasting another month getting our 6th choice manager. but im not sure how good he'll be. honestly, i feel like the manager isnt even the most important new thing we need. backroom teams gotta go

• Like 2

I'd actually take Neil Warnock if it was an option.  He's no nonsense and would give us a decent chance of finishing around the top 6 at first time of asking.  And he is known for producing teams that are full of graft, which is what's needed in this league.

Edited by kristianity77

1 hour ago, chris2208 said:

His success at Rangers was largely down to his assistant, Michael Beale (who is now their manager)

26 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

If winning 1 trophy in 3 years in a league where there are only effectively 2 competitive teams, after the end of a managerial, trophy winning era at the other club is doing brilliant,  I'd hate to see what doing shit looks like.

Anyway it's Lampard for me....

Bit of a daft comment when the departing manager you mention who opened the door for Rangers, who you're also suggesting had it even easier than Gerrard, was our last managerial appointment and did very well with us (until it stopped going very well, of course)