Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Isn't he on big money somewhere in Saudi.

Probably, but his buy out clause can’t be so big that it wasn’t worth it, surely. He’d be pretty stupid to lock himself into that. He’s just won their league, and their cup the year before. He’s done the lot, time to move imo

Potter has to decide what he wants, potential jobs next during season are probably Everton, Forest, Wolves, Palace maybe and who knows what position they could be in by that time. Maybe he'd rather build a squad and come up, but that represents a gamble. If more time has passed I think he might be willing to do it. Since moving to England he has been poached, before achieving anything so its difficult to say if he has winning in him. 

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Didn't we?

The table doesn't lie.

Just like it didn't when we came first.

I'll never defend Rodgers, but I'm happier to slate the owner.

...I  am referring to our supporters,  not the mismanagement and Rodgers's contentious term in the managers chair!!!

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Potter, fresh start, great challenge to repair his CV. Excellent training centre, just need about 15 new players and off we go.

Would love him too, would he come to us though? Suppose we are the best option for a team without a manager. Don't think he would join Leeds with how they run things!

Still think people are quick to write off Smith, Shakey and Co.

They didn't have long enough to turn it round but they were, we went for over 1 hour with no goals conceded.

The damage was done with Rodgers.

Smith built solid foundations at Brentford, and Villa, look at both clubs now, of course their current managers are good but a lot of it are in the foundations, the ethos, the spirit of the club. To me Smith is a proven championship manager. 

Terry has to have some contacts for loan deals. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Still think people are quick to write off Smith, Shakey and Co.

They didn't have long enough to turn it round but they were, we went for over 1 hour with no goals conceded.

The damage was done with Rodgers.

Smith built solid foundations at Brentford, and Villa, look at both clubs now, of course their current managers are good but a lot of it are in the foundations, the ethos, the spirit of the club. To me Smith is a proven championship manager. 

Terry has to have some contacts for loan deals. 

Total flop in the championship with Norwich though?

4 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

From what I'm told it will be sooner rather than later, probably expect something in the next 7-10 days. If Potter isn't interested then we need to move quickly to others on the shortlist.

Jaissle would be my choice out of those names I've heard.

Worth noting that majority of the new players coming in are Martin Glover recruits, new manager will unlikely have much sway in who we sign. 

Incomings and outgoings will be known  earlier than we've become accustomed to, much like the Walsh/Person era we want to get business done early.

Perfect sounds like a good plan.

Just now, Claridge said:

Total flop in the championship with Norwich though?

To be honest they were outside the playoff, was he given long enough?

Teams are too quick to sack managers these days, it needs time to build a proper set up and structure, that can included getting worse to get better! 

Maybe these days it shouldn't be the manager as they come and go, but clubs need to have a identity, a vision, its clear we don't have one and Rudkin has no clue, so we need someone string in there to drive the club.