Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Why would we want Smith? The goal is to get someone who can help rebuild the club and get us out of the Championship and set us up for success. I think we need to take a risk with a higher ceiling hire like Burnley did with Kompany.

• Like 1

I think the club will try and fail to get potter. But they need to look further afield. Get someone in who knows about recruitment of managers and coaches. Get a coach with a clear direction, style and can develop players. They are out there, but you need a football man to find them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

Big hint really is what we did after binning Rodgers, which was this weird fixation with the Red Bull model. Most if not all of the names on Sambiasso's list have been involved with them in the past. 

honestly wouldn't be too bothered by that. the club as a billboard thing is vile (although let's be honest, King Power have done the same to us for the most part, just not the club rename) but they do have at least a solid footballing plan and progression idea 

24 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Why would we want Smith? The goal is to get someone who can help rebuild the club and get us out of the Championship and set us up for success. I think we need to take a risk with a higher ceiling hire like Burnley did with Kompany.

I agree with this view. Smith may have improved performances slightly, but his decision (if I am right) to get a point from Newcastle was misplaced, when it was unlikely to matter if we lost: a win was needed. Moreover, even if he he were to get promotion next season, I cannot see him being a PL manager. Some may want to appoint him but the board should be confident in any appointment that the manager can continue from promotion into a successful PL career., otherwise incumbent manager will get sacked (because of performances).

I have already suggested a younger manager is needed, such as Mckenna (who has been a youth coach at City) or Wellens (who has played). Not that having a connection is important: there may be overseas managers who could do a good job. I just hope whoever appoints does a better job than recent player recruitment.) 

Just now, Quorndon_Fox said:

I’d take Lampard, had a good run with Derby in the Championship, laid the foundations for Chelsea to win the champions league.

Never really stood a chance with Everton and just joined the list of destroyed managers. Probably shouldn’t have gone back to Chelsea who seem to be all over the shop at the moment.

would certainly have the relationship with quality players we need to attract to get straight back out of the champ.

:nigel:

• Like 4

1) Michael Duff

2) Mark Robins

3) Mc Kenna

4) Dean Smith

I think a guy who has played in the premiership whilst also having the grounding of some lower league playing/managerial experience is what we need. Thinking we are better than what we are is how we got into this mess. Need someone who has a point to prove as a coach/Manager.

11 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

I’d take Lampard, had a good run with Derby in the Championship, laid the foundations for Chelsea to win the champions league.

Never really stood a chance with Everton and just joined the list of destroyed managers. Probably shouldn’t have gone back to Chelsea who seem to be all over the shop at the moment.

would certainly have the relationship with quality players we need to attract to get straight back out of the champ.

Wow. 

You have people saying no to Pearson and then people wanting Lampard…..

• Haha 3

Graham Potter and nobody else. He is a multi millionaire now but I think he would come to us. We are his type of club. If you lived in Sweden like I do then you would understand why I am saying this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Graham Potter and nobody else. He is a multi millionaire now but I think he would come to us. We are his type of club. If you lived in Sweden like I do then you would understand why I am saying this

Ah come on, that is a tease, I want to know what that means now! 

8 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Graham Potter and nobody else. He is a multi millionaire now but I think he would come to us. We are his type of club. If you lived in Sweden like I do then you would understand why I am saying this. 

Yeah, soft 

33 minutes ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Tell me you know nothing about football without telling me. 

• Like 1

Will Still - finished 11th in Ligue 1 with Reims, don’t think the compensation package would be too costly and given our current financial predicament (apparently) it may just work. young, hungry, wants to manage in England, would be a good fit imo. 

I think we need to look at a long term plan, we’ve chucked stupid money at managers and look how that worked out. 

• Like 1