Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, SB87_LCFC said:

Will Still - finished 11th in Ligue 1 with Reims, don’t think the compensation package would be too costly and given our current financial predicament (apparently) it may just work. young, hungry, wants to manage in England, would be a good fit imo. 

I think we need to look at a long term plan, we’ve chucked stupid money at managers and look how that worked out. 

I would take that, and give him an experienced shiny new DoF to work with

2 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Will Still - finished 11th in Ligue 1 with Reims, don’t think the compensation package would be too costly and given our current financial predicament (apparently) it may just work. young, hungry, wants to manage in England, would be a good fit imo. 

I think we need to look at a long term plan, we’ve chucked stupid money at managers and look how that worked out. 

Just googled him and found out Reims pay a fine for every match he manages because he doesn't hold the right coaching licence. 

Bet you didn't know that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Potter doesn't get the Spurs job then not much else available in the Prem. Would have to wait for a sacking mid season before anything else comes up. Might come into his thinking if Leicester job is offered.

Just now, Stinky said:

Just googled him and found out Reims pay a fine for every match he manages because he doesn't hold the right coaching licence. 

Bet you didn't know that 

Did actually - interesting guy

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Graham Potter and nobody else. He is a multi millionaire now but I think he would come to us. We are his type of club. If you lived in Sweden like I do then you would understand why I am saying this. 

I'm guessing taking Osterstund from the 4th division to the top division, winning a cup and beating Arsenal in one leg of a Europa league game??

Just now, Beachyboy said:

I'm guessing taking Osterstund from the 4th division to the top division, winning a cup and beating Arsenal in one leg of a Europa league game??

Was hoping for something a little more tabloid, but ok....

2 minutes ago, StevieH said:

If Potter doesn't get the Spurs job then not much else available in the Prem. Would have to wait for a sacking mid season before anything else comes up. Might come into his thinking if Leicester job is offered.

That’s what I think too. If he doesn’t get a job post season in the prem, then what are the options? Realistically the likes of forest sacking their manager mid season. We are a decent option now. 

Edited by Unabomber

Just now, Stinky said:

Bet you didn't know that 

I did know the club were paying a fine, but with his A Licence starting back in March Reims no longer have to pay the fine. Well according to this link anyway. 

https://talksport.com/football/1363115/reims-will-still-fines-pro-licence-west-ham/amp/

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

No chance with Potter, he’ll still walk into a mid table prem job next season. Better set them sights lower

Yes but would he want to wait that long and will have not much of a say with players he will inherit. Leicester would be a project where he can work with the players pre season and have a say as to who he may want 

3 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Who is Mattias Jaissle, and why is everyone getting a roddy over him

Salzburg Manager - similar profile to Jesse Marsch who didn't overachieve after leaving the very heavily backed dominant team in Austria

In no particular order:

Steven Gerrard - Didn’t have a great time with Villa but did a great job with Rangers. Would do a job in the championship.

Benitez - Experienced and got a similarly poor Newcastle promoted with the likes of Dwight Gayle up front.

Michael Carrick - Unproven over a longer period of time but has done wonders with Boro.

Kasper Schmeicel - Obviously an outside of the box choice but who knows the club better?

• Haha 1

The manager who is available and has already gained promotion from the Championship twice with an average of 1.82 points per game is Scott Parker

Struggled at Club Brugge and Prem level, but knows how to get the job done in the Championship

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yastafox said:

In no particular order:

Steven Gerrard - Didn’t have a great time with Villa but did a great job with Rangers. Would do a job in the championship.

Benitez - Experienced and got a similarly poor Newcastle promoted with the likes of Dwight Gayle up front.

Michael Carrick - Unproven over a longer period of time but has done wonders with Boro.

Kasper Schmeicel - Obviously an outside of the box choice but who knows the club better?

you on the drink?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It might be unpopular but I'd take him.

Same. Track record of performing well in both the championship and the premier league as well as putting together a solid defence, our biggest problem area this season. 

Smith is meeting Top tomorrow and as the board seemimgly didn't think relegation would happen i very much doubt they have a manager lined up. Smith will stay in charge

Edited by Hales