Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, Stinky said:

Why do you assume everybody who has questionable choices would be against the Bristol City manager?

I don’t I questioned 1 person, and tbf he was actually pro Nigel. What led you to the conclusion that I assume everyone with questionable choices is against one of our greatest ever managers? 

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t I questioned 1 person, and tbf he was actually pro Nigel. What led you to the conclusion that I assume everyone with questionable choices is against one of our greatest ever managers? 

I saw you earlier on question somebody else lol someone who suggested Lampard I think 

What about Michael Duff at Barnsley? He did a massive rebuild with the aim of staying up. They are in the playoff final v Sheff Weds, have been down to 10 men since 50 mins and they’ve ran through brick walls and have been the better side and are 5 mins from penalties. He’s got something… 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Just googled him and found out Reims pay a fine for every match he manages because he doesn't hold the right coaching licence. 

Bet you didn't know that 

Bet you're one of the few people with an interest in Managers of football teams that needed to Google that.

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What about Michael Duff at Barnsley? He did a massive rebuild with the aim of staying up. They are in the playoff final v Sheff Weds, have been down to 10 men since 50 mins and they’ve ran through brick walls and have been the better side and are 5 mins from penalties. He’s got something… 

Did a fantastic job at Cheltenham as well

People who are asking for big Nige, I get it. I love the bloke for what he did. He'll always be a legend. But he's comfortable and building at Bristol. They're now a stable club. 

One thing we'll be able to see, if they're still there is James and King back at the KP. At least we'll be able to show our appreciation to them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s the one I’ve been wanting. Quality manager, and would be the perfect appointment for me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

People who are asking for big Nige, I get it. I love the bloke for what he did. He'll always be a legend. But he's comfortable and building at Bristol. They're now a stable club. 

One thing we'll be able to see, if they're still there is James and King back at the KP. At least we'll be able to show our appreciation to them. 

Furthermore, the dream team of Pearson/Shakespeare and Walsh have all gone seperate ways, possibly not even worked together since they left us? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Potter in talks with Crystal Palace

Hopefully will force the club to move onto someone else and get them in quickly rather than hanging around for him

That seems a strange fit too me

Going to be a very difficult appointment to get right. Years ago we fortunately got it completely right with Pearson's appointment. Though seen as an old type of manager his approach to sports science and fitness and his not wanting to sign a player until he had met them and "looked them in the eye" was the right man at the right time.

We need a similar change now. I'm not sure Smith is the right man but hard to see who is really.

We've become a "project" with absolutely no certainty to return to the Premier League any time soon. And yet our highly leveraged financial position means we may not have time for a slow build.

So four sort of choices really.

1 Stick with Smith and see what he can do. Seems a bit of a gamble and results in his matches don't especially convince.

2 Appoint some young ambitious manager for overseas. This seems even more of a gamble to me as the Championship is a tough league and I'm not sure how this would work out. Especially probably having to deal with a lower level of player ability than they might be currently used to.

3 Appoint a h=young hungry manager from the lower tiers of English football. May work long term but may not result in the quick fire promotion we desire.

4 Appoint a benitez type of figure where you know what you are going to get and perhaps a higher chance of promotion but probably a short term appointment.

My guess would be we'll end up with Smith if his two assistants agree to stay on with him Two year contract.

I’ve said Duff all along, look at what those players have given for him, the shirt, the club! I can tell you the changing room was a long long way from that 12 months ago, the transformation he’s performed there is mad.

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

I’ve said Duff all along, look at what those players have given for him, the shirt, the club! I can tell you the changing room was a long long way from that 12 months ago, the transformation he’s performed there is mad.

Yeah he looks top drawer. Get him in!

• Like 1