Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

if potter is now going to palace and hutter was on our shortlist before… Than is it inconceivable that he becomes an option? 

He’s desperate for the prem but there doesn’t seem to be a path for him. Could be a great option 

6 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Michael Duff!! Darren Moore!!

This is getting very Billy Daviesesque

We need a proven top manager & that man is Potter.

There’s some very very good managers outside of the top league, managers who can do a very good job at this club. Saying that Darren Moore isn’t one of them!

After we won the league some fans thought we’d spend and crack on. That didn’t happen, no idea what gave them that idea. 

We’ve just been relegated yet some fans think we’ll get a top manager. That won’t happen either. Our owner for all his faults has admitted next season will be tough. We’ve been told for many years that we’re being sustainably run, so with revenue and outstanding loans in mind we’re not getting a top manager who’ll have F all to build a team with. 

7 minutes ago, Fansincethe80s said:

Why are some of our fans Pearson obsessed! He was shit in the Premier League and has achieved **** all since! 

We stayed up? That isn't pants at all. The team played for him, the played out their skins each and every game. They showed passion, fight and desire  We went toe to toe with the bigger clubs on a tiny budget. Our most expensive signing was Ulloa for goodness sake. Yeah he did nothing in the prem! 

Now he's at Bristol where he's stopped years of rot and they are actually a stable club now, without the budget. 

Edited by fox_favourite

6 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We stayed up? That isn't pants at all. The team played for him, the played out their skins each and every game. They showed passion, fight and desire  We went toe to toe with the bigger clubs on a tiny budget. Our most expensive signing was Ulloa for goodness sake. Yeah he did nothing in the prem! 

All this is true.

He also got shafted at both Derby (fell out with their insane owner who was spying on training sessions with Drones) and Watford (sacked by a trigger happy madman who replaced him with someone who achieved less PPG). I don't think it's fair to call them blotches on his CV - Leuven was the only really bad appointment.

He'd be mad to want to come in right now anyway with the mess he'll inherit - he's been given time at Bristol City, has improved their squad with some exciting young players and they feel like a club on the up all pulling in the same direction. I'm actually kind of jealous of them at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

if potter is now going to palace and hutter was on our shortlist before… Than is it inconceivable that he becomes an option? 

He’s desperate for the prem but there doesn’t seem to be a path for him. Could be a great option 

Hutter is the one I would go for, and I don't think it's too unrealistic to not be an option worth exploring. Just need to get it done fast because there is a lot of work to do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adi Hutter (free)

Julien Stephan (free)

Diego Martinez (free)

Ruud van Nistelrooy (free)

Mark van Bommel (Royal Antwerp)

Matthias Jaissle (RB Salzburg)

Kjetil Knutsen (FK Bodø/Glimt)

Jacob Neestrup (F.C. Copenhagen)

Thiago Motta (Bologna)

A very good list 👍🏻

1 hour ago, boots60 said:

Michael Duff!! Darren Moore!!

This is getting very Billy Daviesesque

We need a proven top manager & that man is Potter.

You could argue that in this country Moore and Duff are more proven than Potter.

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adi Hutter (free)

Julien Stephan (free)

Diego Martinez (free)

Thiago Motta (Bologna)

I'd be pleased with any of those, and all are fairly realistic.

We have to look at it from the POV of a manager who wants to manage in the PL, doesn't see any immediate openings but does see the opportunity to completely rebuild a recently relegated side with a better recent track record of success than most of the PL top 10, one of the best training facilities in Europe and possibly a few quid to spend after transfer fees and wages have been jettisoned.

Knutsen is a name I've seen come up a lot here. 

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adi Hutter (free)

Julien Stephan (free)

Diego Martinez (free)

Thiago Motta (Bologna)

Managers our board have heard of please 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

It's his fault we went down!

He was voted player of the season 2010 and speaks fondly of his time at Leicester.

I'm not doing history I'm just saying he's done well with limited funds at Orient.

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Managers our board have heard of please 

They have absolutely heard of van Nistlerooy and van Bommel.

It would be peak Leicester to appoint a shit hot manager who the board had only heard of because of their prowess as a player.