Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adi Hutter (free)

Julien Stephan (free)

Diego Martinez (free)

Ruud van Nistelrooy (free)

Mark van Bommel (Royal Antwerp)

Matthias Jaissle (RB Salzburg)

Kjetil Knutsen (FK Bodø/Glimt)

Jacob Neestrup (F.C. Copenhagen)

Thiago Motta (Bologna)

How many of these  would come to manage in the Championship probably with a very small kitty to rebuild? 

We will basically be shopping in poundland. 

The more coaches we get rid of the more we will need to bring in.

That will have an effect on any transfer budget that Is why I think they will leave as much alone as they can ans go with what we have. 

Money is going to play a huge part in any decision making. 

I'm not saying if that's the right or wrong thing to do but we will be squeezing every last penny we can save from everywhere. 

Even with the out of contract players leaving they will have to be replaced and we will still have a huge wage bill by championship footballs standards. 

7 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

He was voted player of the season 2010 and speaks fondly of his time at Leicester.

I'm not doing history I'm just saying he's done well with limited funds at Orient.

Absolutely! It was more a swipe at the amount of our fans that seemed to blame Wellens for everything during his time here.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Kjetil Knutsen was heavily linked with Brighton before they appointed De Zerbi! Done very well with Bodo Glimt in Europe. 

And you'd think he'd see going from the Norwegian league to a club itching for a return to the Premier League as an upgrade too. 

11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Adi Hutter (free)

Julien Stephan (free)

Diego Martinez (free)

Ruud van Nistelrooy (free)

Mark van Bommel (Royal Antwerp)

Matthias Jaissle (RB Salzburg)

Kjetil Knutsen (FK Bodø/Glimt)

Jacob Neestrup (F.C. Copenhagen)

Thiago Motta (Bologna)

I'm just not convinced that Managers managing teams in their own country that are likely to be playing European Football will want to make the jump to the Championship. Even mid table Serie A looks a more comfortable job for a person that has never been in the English game.

Adi Hutter interesting, was linked to Palace earlier this season

Stephan is learning English for a chance at the Premier league so he is the most possible target here, Brilliant at Rennes but 1 good and 1 very bad season at Strasbourg.

Martinez - Great at Granada and spent some time learning the English game, but underwhelming at Osasuna and Espanyol

Van Nistelrooy - just can't see him cheering us on a Tuesday evening at Rotherham.

Main concern on all of them is that they have no experience in England and realistically would be too much of a risk for an under-pressure board

• Like 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

How many of these  would come to manage in the Championship probably with a very small kitty to rebuild? 

We will basically be shopping in poundland. 

The more coaches we get rid of the more we will need to bring in.

That will have an effect on any transfer budget that Is why I think they will leave as much alone as they can ans go with what we have. 

Money is going to play a huge part in any decision making. 

I'm not saying if that's the right or wrong thing to do but we will be squeezing every last penny we can save from everywhere. 

Even with the out of contract players leaving they will have to be replaced and we will still have a huge wage bill by championship footballs standards. 

Personally I don't think we are going to be working with just pennies like some (seemingly yourself) seem to think.

Majority of managers these days have their own coaching groups who follow them to other clubs. Some of those managers are free whose coaching staff will have also been let go, and even then it isn't going to cost anywhere near as much to get some of those managers and their coaching staff like it did with Rodgers and his lot.

Out of contract players leaving, big earners being sold, wage reduction clauses will drop our wage bill massively, yes it will probably still be quite big compared to some clubs in the Championship, but it will be absolutely nowhere near what it is now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

I'm just not convinced that Managers managing teams in their own country that are likely to be playing European Football will want to make the jump to the Championship. Even mid table Serie A looks a more comfortable job for a person that has never been in the English game.

Adi Hutter interesting, was linked to Palace earlier this season

Stephan is learning English for a chance at the Premier league so he is the most possible target here, Brilliant at Rennes but 1 good and 1 very bad season at Strasbourg.

Martinez - Great at Granada and spent some time learning the English game, but underwhelming at Osasuna and Espanyol

Van Nistelrooy - just can't see him cheering us on a Tuesday evening at Rotherham.

Main concern on all of them is that they have no experience in England and realistically would be too much of a risk for an under-pressure board

Yes he played here but Burnley were able to get Kompany from Anderlecht who had just finished 3rd and had European football

So it isn't entirely impossible

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Personally I don't think we are going to be working with just pennies like some (seemingly yourself) seem to think.

Majority of managers these days have their own coaching groups who follow them to other clubs. Some of those managers are free whose coaching staff will have also been let go, and even then it isn't going to cost anywhere near as much to get some of those managers and their coaching staff like it did with Rodgers and his lot.

Out of contract players leaving, big earners being sold, wage reduction clauses will drop our wage bill massively, yes it will probably still be quite big compared to some clubs in the Championship, but it will be absolutely nowhere near what it is now

Do you think out of work managers and coaches don't cost anything? 

There will still be agents fees , solicitors fees, possible signing on fees, possible severance payments to former clubs it all adds up.

Plus if like many are saying we get rid of SAS Rudkin and the lot do you think that will be cheap?.

And yes wages will be lighter no doubt,  with the out of contract players walking and another couple of high earners moving on.

But anyone we bring in will still demand a wage and every signing will have  the usual agents fees solicitors fees and insurance costs. We will still be facing a huge wage bill by championship standards. 

We had no transfer budget this year so where do you think the money's coming from? 

We will be shopping around looking at maybe a couple of moderate fees signing but the rest will have to be made up of Bosmans and the loan market and bringing 2-3 kids through into the squad. 

7 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

There will still be agents fees , solicitors fees, possible signing on fees, possible severance payments to former clubs it all adds up.

Plus if like many are saying we get rid of SAS Rudkin and the lot do you think that will be cheap?.

And yes wages will be lighter no doubt,  with the out of contract players walking and another couple of high earners moving on.

But anyone we bring in will still demand a wage and every signing will have  the usual agents fees solicitors fees and insurance costs. We will still be facing a huge wage bill by championship standards. 

We had no transfer budget this year so where do you think the money's coming from? 

We will be shopping around looking at maybe a couple of moderate fees signing but the rest will have to be made up of Bosmans and the loan market and bringing 2-3 kids through into the squad. 

You can't moan about transfer fees and just make out we'll be signing free transfers like they are free, they'll just demand a higher signing on fee

I’d give it to Smith. He’s had them for 8 games, knows the team better than anyone else coming in fresh and knows what he will need next season. Time is not on our side with that many players needing to be replaced in the close season. 

32 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Managers our board have heard of please 

sure, gonna put the boards notes next to them 

Rafa Benitez (sacked by Everton, not good enough)

Jesse Marsch (maybe he'll take it now?)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (great pedigree for our Europa championship campaign, that's what we're in now right?)

Dean Smith (Means we can go on holiday this week, offer him a 5 year deal on 8m a year)

Just now, themightyfin said:

Where did I say they don't cost anything? Of course I don't think that.

If we go with Smith, Terry, and Shakey they are going to be all negotiating brand new contracts, he will probably have other coaches he requests we bring in, and we will have to pay for all you have listed so why spend on them when we could use that money on someone else?

Maybe we should keep Rudkin seeing as he somehow managed to spend £50m without a transfer budget of any kind? Because this summer will always be like the majority of the summers we have, we sell to buy.

We are going to be bringing in over £100m from Maddison, Barnes, Castagne, etc. who will all be leaving for fees, it isn't like they are all leaving for nothing is it?

We will see what happens but I don't think it will be like you think it is.

Potter isn't coming here in a month of Sundays. He isn't leaving Chelsea to take a job in the 2nd tier. 

Would only take a foreign manager who has managed in the Championship so Nuno or Rafa, however don't think Benetez would take it either. 

Scott Parker has a good record at the Championship level and I think has something to prove. He would be my 1st choice if we wanted a younger manager with a clean slate. 

If they choose Smith I wouldn't be crying in to my glass either. I think he could get us back up but like Nige we could have to change it again if we got up so Parker for me.