Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes he played here but Burnley were able to get Kompany from Anderlecht who had just finished 3rd and had European football

So it isn't entirely impossible

Not without possibility - just unlikely.

Anderlecht had failed to qualify for the Champions League and this year Antwerp are a draw away from the Champions League.

Van Bommel was also convinced to take the job by his former teammate Overmars

Kompany had his footballing education in England, he wants the Premier League job, probably wants to be Pep's successor. He knew what he was getting into more than the forementioned and I would say different opinions on what is the best route to achieve becoming a premier league manager

I don’t think we’ll get Potter. Think he’ll go to Everton. Chelsea has been somewhat proven to be a poisoned chalice so that won’t be hard against him and he did very well at Brighton.

Our chance of getting Potter it feels was based on staying up

Guest nathan.
Just now, The Guvnor said:

Neil Warnock 

If you want promotion he’s the Daddy. 

No just no

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t think we’ll get Potter. Think he’ll go to Everton. Chelsea has been somewhat proven to be a poisoned chalice so that won’t be hard against him and he did very well at Brighton.

Dyche?

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

Bang on. Can guarantee Potters salary demands would have been eye watering too. 

What is it with some guys here....... Rafa's probably not the same as he was 10 or 20 years ago and Nuno was a flop when he came back to the English game with Spurs and who's managing in Saudi Arabia...managers do have a shelf life!

Go for a up and coming manager whose on the up.....other clubs are doing that with great success instead of the usual suspects from the managerial merry-go-round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Esteban Cambiasso could be a good appointment I'm sure he has his coaching badge now and he would be a popular appointment with the fans. He's won medals as a player in both Europe & South America.

I’m still convinced that his leadership, more so than Nige’s, created the mentality that resulted in the great escape. He’d certainly look to build the right ethos which is essential but as a newbie to coaching would be a risk 

• Like 2

Players like Barnes, Iheanacho etc will tear up the Championship. A good intelligent attacking coach could get us straight back up with a few extra good additions.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yes he played here but Burnley were able to get Kompany from Anderlecht who had just finished 3rd and had European football

So it isn't entirely impossible

Anderlecht were also (and still are) a total clusterfvck at board level, their owner kept trying to undermine Kompany every opportunity he got. No surprise that Kompany left for a club where he'd be backed.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Players like Barnes, Iheanacho etc will tear up the Championship. A good intelligent attacking coach could get us straight back up with a few extra good additions.

Another potential candidate who's been talked about as a potential Leicester manager in some articles online by footballing journalists is Kjetil Knutsen of FK Bodo/Glimt who won 5-1 today, he plays attacking football with loads of goals and he's they only coach who team has scored 6 past a Mourinho team....when they beat AS Roma 6-1.

Plus he got that intelligent looks about him...

download (1).jpeg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, MPH said:

Isn’t he in talks with Palace?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Parker Pen said:

Slavisa Jokanovic? Did a good job at Watford and Fulham getting both promoted and has just recently been sacked by Dynamo Moscow so is available and has the right Championship and Premier League  experience.

Sacked so many times you have to wonder why also a blink and you'll miss it spell at Sheff Utd