Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Foxes1 said:

Esteban Cambiasso could be a good appointment I'm sure he has his coaching badge now and he would be a popular appointment with the fans. He's won medals as a player in both Europe & South America.

He also follows Leicester and went on social media yesterday after we were relegated and wrote - 

Always....Together. Come on @lcfc #Family 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He’s managed precisely zero clubs and hasn’t even shown any real interest in doing so. What on earth qualifies him for managing us at this absolutely critical stage in our history.

Some of the names being suggested are insane.

I think all I said is that I think he’d bring the right ethos but would be a risk. Anyone that we can get in will be a risk if there’s significant pruning and limited finances. Who do you suggest ? 

Edit: One thing I noticed today is that Chelsea have given Poccettino a two year contract with an option of a further year. This is the sort of thing I’d like us to do so that whoever comes in has to back themselves with limited pay off if they’re not up to scratch 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Dyche?

Proper 2008 vibes.

Appoint the manager whose team survived at our expense.

It would probably work an' all.

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t want Pearson back. Just my opinion. 
If he’s done such a good job at Bristol why hasn’t anyone in the top half of the championship come in for him? Or Southampton? 

The automatic promoted sides, playoff sides and teams that narrowly missed the playoffs aren't replacing their managers so the only other clubs would be sideways. Russell Martin must have Rodgers agent as the media think he's the 2nd coming so that explains Southampton. I'm surprised Swansea don't appear interested but would they pay a fee and would he leave for a club in a similar position when it looks like he's got Bristol City looking like they will do well next season.. He probably wouldn't move to them but we have a very good chance to take the league by storm if we sort out the right appointment quickly. 

38 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Pearson 

Shakespeare 

Walsh DOF

Get Pearson in within a week/2 and extend Shakespeare.  

Pearson still has it. The Bristol City fans are raving about the job Pearson has done under almost impossible circumstances. He's only got a year in his contract left and they are too low on funds to renew it.he knows the championship inside out. He took Watford from miles adrift to looking like they would stay up before their board sacked him whixh was crazy. The Belgium stint was strange but I don't get the he's done nothing since leaving thing. We need some discipline, hard work, honesty and accountability all of which he will bring. If we/he can convince Steve Walsh to come back then that's Rudkin gone and Shakespeare is already back. Top just has to make the most amount of money FFP will allow available and let them get on with sorting it out. He will get the truth from them no blowing smoke up his arse like Rudkin does to keep him in with the goose that's laying the golden eggs at the expense of the club going south because everyone is telling Top lies and he's been surrounded by charlatans. 

Got such mixed feelings about this. 

I adore the bloke and he can absolutely build a squad and create a hardworking and gritty mentality which we so desperately need. He is well into the sport science side of it too, and so would make full use of Seagrave. We also know what we would be getting and it could be a case of better the devil you know. 

But, I also feel we need a completely fresh start, from top to bottom. It feels like he is still part of the old era which has now died a miserable death. Also, despite what Bristol fans are saying, I still look at his jobs since us and can't help but feel that he hasn't been able to recreate any magic elsewhere, and suspect that he has greatly missed Steve Walsh and his hot touch when it came to recruitment during those years. 

At the moment, I would still like us to go a different route but if he really wants the job and Steve Walsh would consider a return, then I wouldn't be against it. 

It may be a case of, who else is out there and available? Looks like we will either be taking a gamble on a young, up and coming Championship/League 1 manager OR going for a Rafa type with loads of experience but not much success recently. 

On 28/05/2023 at 21:33, Bilo said:

Tomasson from Blackburn?

Missing out on the playoffs considering the position they were in is a little bit of a blot in my book. But he may just be getting to terms with English football. He's always struck me as a smart person with nous and charisma.

I do fully expect us to make an approach for Nige, Shakey and (maybe) Walsh again for obvious reasons - they built a team before and they've gotten us out of this division too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Steve Walsh probably won’t ever work actively in full time football again. He’s as good as retired and has a advisory role to Charlotte FC. 

But I keep being told its easy to get the 3 of them back together again despite having not worked together for 8 years!!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Nigel won’t work for King Power again.

He's only gone twice and come back both times. My guess is he's still on good terms with Top. After all, our club has probably been his most lucrative  and career defining employment yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

Pearson 

Shakespeare 

Walsh DOF

Get Pearson in within a week/2 and extend Shakespeare.  

Pearson still has it. The Bristol City fans are raving about the job Pearson has done under almost impossible circumstances. He's only got a year in his contract left and they are too low on funds to renew it.he knows the championship inside out. He took Watford from miles adrift to looking like they would stay up before their board sacked him whixh was crazy. The Belgium stint was strange but I don't get the he's done nothing since leaving thing. We need some discipline, hard work, honesty and accountability all of which he will bring. If we/he can convince Steve Walsh to come back then that's Rudkin gone and Shakespeare is already back. Top just has to make the most amount of money FFP will allow available and let them get on with sorting it out. He will get the truth from them no blowing smoke up his arse like Rudkin does to keep him in with the goose that's laying the golden eggs at the expense of the club going south because everyone is telling Top lies and he's been surrounded by charlatans. 

who was our defensive coach back when we had pearson? Can’t think of anyone at all I know we had idakez in the youth, powell for a short while and phillips was the attacking coach. 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

How many of these  would come to manage in the Championship probably with a very small kitty to rebuild? 

We will basically be shopping in poundland. 

The more coaches we get rid of the more we will need to bring in.

That will have an effect on any transfer budget that Is why I think they will leave as much alone as they can ans go with what we have. 

Money is going to play a huge part in any decision making. 

I'm not saying if that's the right or wrong thing to do but we will be squeezing every last penny we can save from everywhere. 

Even with the out of contract players leaving they will have to be replaced and we will still have a huge wage bill by championship footballs standards. 

Out of curiosity, with around £100m coming in through player sales, why do you expect such a small transfer kitty?

Not sure where to put this but at least Knudsen had a positive impact on set pieces - we were better defending and attacking them based on an analysis in the Athletic. 6th for attacking, and 13th for defending. 

A positive of a sh*tshow of a season. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Out of curiosity, with around £100m coming in through player sales, why do you expect such a small transfer kitty?

9 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Don't see us making 100m by any stretch of the imagination. 70m max for Maddison and Barnes, where's the rest coming from?

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't see us making 100m by any stretch of the imagination. 70m max for Maddison and Barnes, where's the rest coming from?

£20m for Kelechi. £10-15m each for Castagne and Soumare. Someone will probably give us the same for Faes. There's another £50-60m at least.

Also would be disappointed if we only get £70m for our 2 big players.

Edited by Zaphod Beeblebrox

4 minutes ago, Mendi said:

Pearson would he jump at the chance of a return ?

Be surprised if he can do anything more at Bristol City. Suspect they will be mid-table at best next season or may even struggle towards the bottom. 

In terms of Managing in the Premier League again, we would be a great way back to that, but does he want to work for King Power again? 

He is a stubborn git, and if he feels wronged from before, can't see him coming back, even for a pay rise.