Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

13 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Let's be completely different.... Emma Hayes

Genuinely would love this.  

Really impressed with her record and how she talks about the game. 

We want be a progressive club and our success came from doing things differently, especially on the analytics side. However, some other clubs haven't just caught up on this, but surpassed us. 

Problem is a lot of fans wouldn't stomach it and be out to get her from the start, especially if it was poor start. The comment above proves what I'm saying. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

13 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't see us making 100m by any stretch of the imagination. 70m max for Maddison and Barnes, where's the rest coming from?

Potentially Nacho, Ndidi, Daka, Vestergaard and Soumaré.

Not sure if we will try to off-load big earners like Vardy, Albrighton, Ricardo as well.

Getting Tielemans, Mendy, Evans, Maddison, Barnes and Soyuncu off the wage bill will also free up some cash I imagine or at least balance it out a bit.

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Don't see us making 100m by any stretch of the imagination. 70m max for Maddison and Barnes, where's the rest coming from?

Castagne, Faes, Ndidi, Soumare, Praet

Possibly JJ and Nacho

Reckon that would easily have us at around £100m+

Gonna be about £1m+ off the wages as well

35-50% reductions off the rest

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Genuinely would love this.  

Really impressed with her record and how she talks about the game. 

We want be a progressive club and our success came from doing things differently, especially on the analytics side. However, some other clubs haven't just caught up on this, but surpassed us. 

Problem is a lot of fans wouldn't stomach it and be out to get her from the start, especially if it was poor start. 

I'd be more concerned how the dressing room would react. Most of them still have plenty of 'lad behaviour' which would be awkward around a female boss.

• Like 1

Why would Emma Hayes leave Chelsea for us? 

Not even joking. 

She is a legend at Chelsea and rightly so. Hope she stays there. 

Kinda depressing how few genuine names people are able to come up with. 

Does make me think that Top may take the easy road and just keep Smith on 

10 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Still think people are quick to write off Smith, Shakey and Co.

They didn't have long enough to turn it round but they were, we went for over 1 hour with no goals conceded.

The damage was done with Rodgers.

Smith built solid foundations at Brentford, and Villa, look at both clubs now, of course their current managers are good but a lot of it are in the foundations, the ethos, the spirit of the club. To me Smith is a proven championship manager. 

Terry has to have some contacts for loan deals. 

...we really do need to move away from looking to bring in Smith and Terry!!!

I do not want to lose Shakey again, but Smith's game and tactical performances have not helped in this situation. The damage was done before he got here, but his inability to set us up to be hard to beat has been his downfall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Don’t want Pearson back. Just my opinion. 
If he’s done such a good job at Bristol why hasn’t anyone in the top half of the championship come in for him? Or Southampton? 

He kept Southampton in the Championship and relegated us, they binned him off that summer then he joined us.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Castagne, Faes, Ndidi, Soumare, Praet

Possibly JJ and Nacho

Reckon that would easily have us at around £100m+

Gonna be about £1m+ off the wages as well

35-50% reductions off the rest

Would like to keep these two. 

I am all for a clear out, but we have so many holes to fill, especially in midfield, I'd prefer to keep a few of these players, otherwise we will be looking for a completely new starting 11, which would be a monumental task for any new Manager to get sorted in time for the 1st game, and for them to be settled in and ready to fight at the top of the league. 

Keep Iverson, Iheanacho, Daka, KDH, Justin, Faes, Soutar, Ricardo and spend the bulk of the money in midfield. Looking at needing at least three starting midfielders. Huge task, especially as ideally we want a CM who has real leadership and personality on and off the field. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Iheanacho’s off. We sell this summer or lose him for a free next summer. Then you have the same situation you’ve had with Tielemans 

I actually think he would quite fancy a starting role for the whole season in the Championship. Got league top goal scorer written all over it. 

Suspect he would then be happy to sign a new contract with us if we did indeed go straight back up and he kept his starting place.

I don't get the feeling he would check out like Tielemans has, in terms of not fighting for the team. He seems a different character to many of our other players. 

I am conscious that if we do off load all of these players, we will barely have a starting 11 towards the end of the window, and if we are serious about bouncing straight back, we will have to keep hold of a handful of our current starters. To sign 11 starters over the summer, with a new manager and all the other changes going on, will be an almost impossible task, especially if we want to push for promotion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I actually think he would quite fancy a starting role for the whole season in the Championship. Got league top goal scorer written all over it. 

Suspect he would then be happy to sign a new contract with us if we did indeed go straight back up and he kept his starting place.

I don't get the feeling he would check out like Tielemans has, in terms of not fighting for the team. He seems a different character to many of our other players. 

I am conscious that if we do off load all of these players, we will barely have a starting 11 towards the end of the window, and if we are serious about bouncing straight back, we will have to keep hold of a handful of our current starters. To sign 11 starters over the summer, with a new manager and all the other changes going on, will be an almost impossible task, especially if we want to push for promotion. 

But this is what is going to happen, this is Leeds first season under Blackwell in the championship all those years ago. 

15 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Iheanacho’s off. We sell this summer or lose him for a free next summer. Then you have the same situation you’ve had with Tielemans 

Keep him, get him to sign a contract mid-season. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

But this is what is going to happen, this is Leeds first season under Blackwell in the championship all those years ago. 

Not if we hold on to a back 4 from the current lot (shudder). Just hope they are better under a new manager and a new harder working midfield! 

Keep Iverson, and start KDH with 3 new midfielders joining and have a Daka/Iheanacho partnership up front. 

Sell the rest for as much as possible and bring in 3 midfielders and whatever else is needed with loans and smart buys. 

That still brings in a lot of money from Maddison, Barnes and a handful of others like Castagne, Soumare etc, but we keep the bones of a starting 11 ready to start the season.

53 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ndidi, Soumare, Praet, Castagne, potentially Kel…. Looking around £40m minimum for them, plus say £60m minimum for Maddison and Barnes. There’s £100m.

The fact you think we will get less than that is concerning. 

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Another potential candidate who's been talked about as a potential Leicester manager in some articles online by footballing journalists is Kjetil Knutsen of FK Bodo/Glimt who won 5-1 today, he plays attacking football with loads of goals and he's they only coach who team has scored 6 past a Mourinho team....when they beat AS Roma 6-1.

Plus he got that intelligent looks about him...

download (1).jpeg

Would be an interesting appointment, can't see the board even knowing who he is though. He would probably need to be given time to implement his system, but I think we need a 'builder' sort of manager like him for the long haul, one who isn't just going to be a stop gap.  

This is a really interesting piece on him for those unfamiliar with his work. 

https://www.foottheball.com/manager-in-focus/kjetil-knutsen-news-fk-bodo-glimt-job-coach-playing-style-tactics-prospects-career/

If we wanted to bring back the 'band of brothers' team spirit of the glory days I think he'd be an excellent option.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Stated where exactly? 

I think it is in a Percy article a while back where he did the maths on relegation in terms of TV revenue drop etc 

Was quoted at about £100 million from what I can remember

He also said that the squad have a 35%-50% wage drop relegation clause though. So every cloud... 

• Thanks 1

Truthfully I know a lot of people are dissapointed, rightly so. But suggesting we would not get £10m for the likes of Soumare, Castagne, Ndidi is just pure delusional. 

In today’s market £10m is an absolute steal. 

I have no inside knowledge but I honestly think Top will be quite aggressive with the funding to get us back into the promise land. Regardless of whether that will be a smart business decision or not.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Would be an interesting appointment, can't see the board even knowing who he is though. He would probably need to be given time to implement his system, but I think we need a 'builder' sort of manager like him for the long haul, one who isn't just going to be a stop gap.  

https://www.foottheball.com/manager-in-focus/kjetil-knutsen-news-fk-bodo-glimt-job-coach-playing-style-tactics-prospects-career/

If we wanted to bring back the 'band of brothers' team spirit of the glory days I think he'd be an excellent option.

Honestly would be my choice.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think it is in a Percy article a while back where he did the maths on relegation in terms of TV revenue drop etc 

Was quoted at about £100 million from what I can remember

He also said that the squad have a 35%-50% wage drop relegation clause though. So every cloud... 

I must of missed the article. If anyone has the article would love to give it a read!

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Truthfully I know a lot of people are dissapointed, rightly so. But suggesting we would not get £10m for the likes of Soumare, Castagne, Ndidi is just pure delusional. 

In today’s market £10m is an absolute steal. 

I have no inside knowledge but I honestly think Top will be quite aggressive with the funding to get us back into the promise land. Regardless of whether that will be a smart business decision or not.

Ndidi I think would struggle to fetch that these days, we know how poor he's been the last few years. Depends if other clubs know too, if I was a fan of anyone outside the top 6 and I knew no better I'd love to sign Ndidi

12 minutes ago, Patrick said:

I agree however these were potential ELC Semi final opponents, you'd like to think we would be aware lol