Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

12 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Corberan anyone....? 

Would be a great forward thinking appointment, young hungry manager who has managed at this level and had relative success with Huddersfield getting them to the play off final and had a good impact at WBA last season. It’s a yes from me. 

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...in that scenario,  Mendy must have failed to turn up for every session!!!

Glaring holes in the middle of the park and basketball performances. 

The sooner we announce his departure the better.  The longer we do not announce the more worried I will be.

None of us have witnessed what Mendy is like in training. He's fallen out of favour with every manager here he has worked under and there must be a reason for that. He's a tidy player, but the thinking he is some sort of match winner is foxes talk nonsense. If Mendy was training properly and dedicated then i agree he should have featured more, but i respect Deans decision not to as well. Its hardly like he was dropping Madders or Vardy?!?

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Would be a great forward thinking appointment, young hungry manager who has managed at this level and had relative success with Huddersfield getting them to the play off final and had a good impact at WBA last season. It’s a yes from me. 

No chance so!

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Leeds (he has a history) was supposedly interested after Marsch but it stalled for some reason.

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Is this not the man that came in when we got relegated before and totally transformed us? Walked the league and withing a couple of attempts got us promoted again? 

Why do you say he'd be mad to take it on? He's taken us on in a worse position than the one we are currently in. 

This is exactly what he is good at and would relish the chance to do it again. 

I'm saying more that he surely knows he's in that position of already having built something good at Bristol City. The fans like him, he's got players he wants on-board now and, while he may not have as much money to play with as he does here, he's got a board that will back him. His project is well underway, I doubt he wants to leave it before he sees how far he can take it.

The grass isn't always greener at a "bigger" club with more money. Just ask Nathan Jones for a good recent example - he could have been managing Luton in the Prem right now.

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Maybe towards the end of the week some rumours will be out. Smith was meeting with top today. 

I wouldn’t choose smith but wouldn’t surprise me if he got it. But it will only be if terry and shakey are there too.

.. the review has not been done, no point making appointments,  until you thrash out how this club wishes to proceed!!!

Any major decisions that are then implemented, prior to the conclusion of the stated review, should make us all be worried, as nothing would have changed.

In this respect,  Khun Top could be hanged (figuratively)for failing to adhere to his statement. 

27 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Corberan anyone....? 

So there we have it, welcome to the championship.  

The level of manager we are talking about, and the level of manager some of our fans are happy to accept.

How the mighty have fallen.

A stark reminder of where we are now at!

In the coming weeks we will be linked with and buying players that we would have scoffed at 12 months ago.

I know it's where we are at now, and we have to hope for the upper end of mediocrity at best for now, but it's all so depressing!

• Like 1

So let’s get this straight….

We should get Cambiasso because he liked a post on instagram

Dean Smith would hit the ground running having just literally taken us down

Get MON on who hasn’t won a professional game of football as a manager for about 10 years

Graham Potter 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Have I missed anyone before I throw myself out of a window never to return to this absolute hell?

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Get MON on who hasn’t won a professional game of football as a manager for about 10 years

Graham Potter 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Have I missed anyone before I throw myself out of a window never to return to this absolute hell?

Don’t worry about the window, Nigel Pearson will catch you

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Graham Potter 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

My personal favourite: Lampard because he’s got a point to prove. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Graham Potter 

Ruud Van Nistelrooy

Rafa Benitez