Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

16 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He’s perfect for it, he’s a stubborn sod who doesn’t really come across as a yes man, has a very clear plan, loves bringing through young players and has a well documented track record of youth development of players like Eden Hazard etc. 

I think a role where he gets to oversee the development of an entire club would be more suited to him than day to day pitch management. 

Would love to see it!

...how many managers transition to DoF!!!

The temptation to become involved in team matters would be overwhelming for him. He needs to be able to communicate at all levels, and that is not where he shines.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...how many managers transition to DoF!!!

The temptation to become involved in team matters would be overwhelming for him. He needs to be able to communicate at all levels, and that is not where he shines.

Yeah agree on this and that was one of the things I highlighted, I’d be concerned if we found a manager that the opposite philosophy to our DOF we could end up with some issues, but tbh I would hope that Puel would have the integrity to do what’s right for the club over his own blueprints. 

I just don't think we as fans are aware of where we are financially and how attractive or a massive risk we are with the haemorrhaging of that playing squad.

So there are 3 options really:

1) An experience FPL Manager like Rafa, Ralph, or Potter, but for them especially Potter its a massive risk

2) Poach a decent Champs manager BUT they won't have that Title/Promotion repeated experience, Carrick has only done it once

3) A young hungry manager, unproven and a risk

Any of those choices is immediately worrying and looking at the thread there seems no agreement, a further endorsement of how hard this choice will be.

We have gone from earning £170m per year to £70m & we NEED to go straight back up or in 2 seasons or we are really in it then!!!  And haven't already spent the earnings and transfer on servicing the loan gamble!!!

Any consolation Dan Ashworth thinks we will win the title.

Thats before we start buying the players to win that title or qualify via the playoffs, worrying times (that bit we didn't need telling)

6 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah agree on this and that was one of the things I highlighted, I’d be concerned if we found a manager that the opposite philosophy to our DOF we could end up with some issues, but tbh I would hope that Puel would have the integrity to do what’s right for the club over his own blueprints. 

Shouldn't that be 'integriteeeeee'

• Haha 1

Wouldn't surprise me if Neil Lennon has put the feelers on the club. I just feel we need some one who can give a good bollocking , who has a connection ..Might not be the most attractive of names but bloody hell,  he would  walk through brick walls for and would make sure the players did as well 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VintageFox73 said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Neil Lennon has put the feelers on the club. I just feel we need some one who can give a good bollocking , who has a connection ..Might not be the most attractive of names but bloody hell,  he would  walk through brick walls for and would make sure the players did as well 

Please no

Loved him as a player, but as Manager he's been mostly rubbish - also appears to be a PR disaster.

• Like 1

Would we even be discussing him if he hadn't played for us? No. Therefore he's a complete non-starter as an option.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

He had to try and win games with a squad he had no hand in recruiting and a team he had no hand in conditioning. Suggesting a manager doesn't deserve the job because he didn't play Mendy is complete and utter idiocy. Remember, Smith had to get top 10 form out of a bunch that hadn't turned up to games for months. He very, very, nearly did it and would have done if the club hadn't been idiotic and waited so long.

Rather than making stupid assertions around not playing one of our DM players who we will never see back at the club anyway, i hope the club make their decisions based on the ability to rebuild the squad fast and effectively in the Championship.  If they think he can do that and has the connections and staff to do it properly (including JT who i think is key), then i really think he should be in for a large shout. 

...Smith, like you seem to have believed he had to go and throw everything at it, to win games!!!

He may have had little time to turn us around, but he failed to put a team and formation together apart from the Newcastle game where it seemed that he had finally put some thought and understanding into what he was doing.

Mendy's omission was idiotic, it made no sense, he was blinded by Tielemans and Soumare as a partnership. If you fail to see that, then that is your problem, unfortunately, Smith thought the same as you and here we are.

If you given a choice of either of the following managers what would rather have them or stick with Smith.

Steve Bruce

Mick Mccarthy 

Chris Wilder

Steven Gerrard

Frank Lampard

Ralph hasstlulahl ×think that's how you spell it×

Bruno Lauge

Slaven Billic

Oscar Garcia

Edited by Leicesterpool