Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

44 minutes ago, BWRL said:

is it just me that it irritates when Dean Smith says 'JT' all the time? its JOHN! It's like he's got a new friend with a cool nickname

just had to get that off my chest

How many John's do we have at the club? 

48 minutes ago, BWRL said:

is it just me that it irritates when Dean Smith says 'JT' all the time? its JOHN! It's like he's got a new friend with a cool nickname

Who cares?

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s definitely a tougher call to make than I thought… 

whilst 43 points would have been  enough for 13th, we have to wonder if that’s the level we are aiming for. With hindsight we can say it is,  but if we are looking for top 10, I’d suggest Smith isn’t what we are looking for..

will be interesting to see what he can achieve with a full transfer window  but I can’t help  feel a complete fresh start would be better…

There is nothing there to suggest without a preseason, and international breaks, and better longer term use of Cags that top 10 wasn't achievable with Smith. Remember that in Smith's 8 games he played the top 2 form teams, and Newcastle. He could only firefight rather than build and had no time to work out his best team. Lots complaining he didn't pick his best (i.e including Mendy) are basing it on their preconceptions and not how this team saw the team in training.

I personally think he did everything he can and if the team of 3 can be guaranteed he should be a strong contender. 

49 minutes ago, BWRL said:

My CEO lives next door to John Terry and is very matey with him. He calls him JT and I’ve taken the p*ss saying “ just call him John, that’s his name, you’re just trying to be down with the kids” 

He just replies that everyone calls him JT and he has him as JT on WhatsApp- think he’d get totally confused if John sent him a message.

BTW he says that JT is a good laugh 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

There is nothing there to suggest without a preseason, and international breaks, and better longer term use of Cags that top 10 wasn't achievable with Smith. Remember that in Smith's 8 games he played the top 2 form teams, and Newcastle. He could only firefight rather than build and had no time to work out his best team. Lots complaining he didn't pick his best (i.e including Mendy) are basing it on their preconceptions and not how this team saw the team in training.

I personally think he did everything he can and if the team of 3 can be guaranteed he should be a strong contender. 

there’s certainly no damage to his reputation with us going down.

id just be surprised if he was our first choice….

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

id just be surprised if he was our first choice….

Well first choice needs to be executed pretty damn quick. Candidates outside uk are all fine but I’d like to see a turn around of our existing coaching staff too, and I’m not sure many others can facilitate that so soon. 

Will Still would be ideal if his coaching badges issue wouldn’t prevent him (don’t know if it’s been discussed already) - he will want to prove a point.

Failing that would be more than happy with Michael Carrick. 

It would be a testing project for whoever comes in and they’ll need to hit the ground running. 

I feel like Top and co will go with the easiest option available though. Hopefully not Smith, even though he was dealt a bad hand taking over when he did he’s not the answer long term.

4 minutes ago, Messi said:

Will Still would be ideal if his coaching badges issue wouldn’t prevent him (don’t know if it’s been discussed already) - he will want to prove a point.

What point would he be able to prove here that he isn't already able to prove at Reims?

Just now, lfu said:

What point would he be able to prove here that he isn't already able to prove at Reims?

Different countries and leagues for a start.

Total rebuild of a club that’s lacking in any structure. Probably see it as a decent project.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do we have any rumours of potential candidates ? Only one I’ve seen is Potter. Will get worrying if it remains the same this time next week. 

Rumours are somewhat exciting and can spring a discussion but I don't get what there is to worry about lol most of what Villa do lately is unheard of until it's announced and they've done alright lately 

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Rumours are somewhat exciting and can spring a discussion but I don't get what there is to worry about lol most of what Villa do lately is unheard of until it's announced and they've done alright lately 

Yeah sure. Villa also have a somewhat capable board. When ours have gone quiet, especially in the last year, it normally means a **** up. Let’s see where we are in a week or two. 

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Do we have any rumours of potential candidates ? Only one I’ve seen is Potter. Will get worrying if it remains the same this time next week. 

Somebody (Sambiasso?) was saying that there has been a concerted effort to plug leaks from the top of the club. The first we hear of the new manager will probably be when it's close to being announced. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Somebody (Sambiasso?) was saying that there has been a concerted effort to plug leaks from the top of the club. The first we hear of the new manager will probably be when it's close to being announced. 

Also one of the post relegation articles said leaks are investigated thoroughly now.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

I know it’s early days but why aren’t we just making a a decision now and getting our man in or keeping smith ? Southampton already got Russell and there planning for arrivals yet we’re stuck behind as per usual! Leeds will appoint a manager before we do.

1 hour ago, BWRL said:

Actually it does me, but more so overuse of "shakey"