Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Richie Wellens possible candidate. 

Like what I read here from good old wiki

"Wellens favours his teams to play attacking football, believing long ball and defensive minded football to not be suitable to long-term success.[57] He cites former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson as a major influence on his approach.[57] Using a preferred formation of 4-2-3-1,[58] Wellens likes his teams to play out from the back and be patient,[59] Wellens likes his player to maintain a high level of intensity, even during training sessions"

NOPE

20 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Richie Wellens possible candidate. 

Like what I read here from good old wiki

"Wellens favours his teams to play attacking football, believing long ball and defensive minded football to not be suitable to long-term success.[57] He cites former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson as a major influence on his approach.[57] Using a preferred formation of 4-2-3-1,[58] Wellens likes his teams to play out from the back and be patient,[59] Wellens likes his player to maintain a high level of intensity, even during training sessions"

Play out from the back and be patient sounds to me that could be reworded as slow possession amongst the back 4. Intensity during training sessions- don't worry we can injure the other half of the squad as well.

Just now, Blue ROI said:

Not with our injury record

I suspect Rodgers' training methods and ignoring the medical team had a lot to do with that.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Duff is my man.

One for the Championship Manager fanatics too, was legendary on that about 15 years ago.

He's definitely a brilliant man manager and coach by the sounds of it.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

One for the Championship Manager fanatics too, was legendary on that about 15 years ago.

Yes got a CM magazine in WH Smith around early 2004 and they did an article/interview with him.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Get Taribo West in as his assistant.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Huddersfield want him supposedly. barnsley chief exec virtually said it’s going to be difficult to retain him 

1 hour ago, Get Carter said:

i'm going to get hammered for saying this and I don't care 😂 

Scott Parker

Promoted Fulham in 2020 through the playoffs

Promoted Bournemouth in 2022 automatically

We need a manager that knows the division and knows what it takes to get the team up

He only just managed automatics with Bournemouth, it looked like Forest were going to catch them for much of the latter stages of the season, I recall Bournemouth throwing away lots of must wins against average teams. His response to the 9-0 this season was pathetic too and had shades of Rodgers, went to the media and bashed his players and said they weren't good enough to stay in the division and then when he was replaced by his assistant it turned out they were good enough.

At Fulham and Bournemouth he inherited squads that were promotion ready too, he has no track record in squad building. Would be a terrible choice.

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Genuinely think we'll waste time trying - and failing - to convince Potter to come. 

I get the feeling the board will want a 'name'. 

Let's try for Nude Man Fist A Boy then.

And I don't mean Philip Schofield.

• Haha 2

I don’t know much about duff and his methods. But it was how we used to recruit managers.

oneill worked his way up as did Brian little. Ok it’s didn’t work out with Taylor. But big nige was a similar appointment.

46 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He really reminds me of Pearson in how he speaks to the media. Obviously he’s younger, and he’s less oppositional than Pearson was at times, but he plays a good brand of football.

Interestingly he’s always played 3-5-2 (or 3-4-1-2) as a manager. With our lack of ability to recruit a decent winger recently this might not actually be a bad thing. Realistically we could line up like this if we are brave and keep Kel for the season:

Iversen

JJ

Souttar

Faes

Ricardo

New CM

KDH

Kristiansen

New AM

Kel

Daka

Suddenly that team looks very capable for the championship. Clearly we’d need to sign a good few more players for the squad, especially as JJ and Ricardo aren’t reliable for fitness, and I’m not sure how effective Kristiansen would be in that role, but I think it goes some way to showing that if we’re smart in our appointment of a manager, potential recruitment may become less daunting too.

• Like 1