Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

Tell me you don’t look at this picture and get aroused. If you say no then you are lying.

0_Esteban-Cambiasso-10.jpg

Could he be our Kompany?

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

Tell me you don’t look at this picture and get aroused. If you say no then you are lying.

0_Esteban-Cambiasso-10.jpg

Yeah, look, emotionally, it would be great, but in reality, he’s got no managerial experience. I want us to get promoted at the first opportunity, this coming season. He’s too much of a gamble.

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Never put on a coaching session has he

He has!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5783843/Esteban-Cambiasso-takes-Colombia-coaching-role-World-Cup.html

It is kind of unusual that he didn't go on to become a coach, assistant or manager in his own right though, as I know he also had offers to work at Olympiacos.

It is totally a romantic thought with not much based in reality, but I would actually give him a go! Fans would be massively onside and I'd be curious to see what he's made of. Only person who might not be so happy is Vardy who in his book wasn't his biggest fan.

I don't think the club could afford to gamble on him as the outright head coach, but with the current lot in charge, anything is possible lol!

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yeah, look, emotionally, it would be great, but in reality, he’s got no managerial experience. I want us to get promoted at the first opportunity, this coming season. He’s too much of a gamble.

I know it’s never going to happen but could you imagine the atmosphere down the ground with that little bold wizard in charge.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2023 at 21:14, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Another potential candidate who's been talked about as a potential Leicester manager in some articles online by footballing journalists is Kjetil Knutsen of FK Bodo/Glimt who won 5-1 today, he plays attacking football with loads of goals and he's they only coach who team has scored 6 past a Mourinho team....when they beat AS Roma 6-1.

Plus he got that intelligent looks about him...

download (1).jpeg

Can just picture him tears in his eyes, hairline receded and looking broken as the press annihilate him for us being mid table after 5 games

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Brother sent me these names, 

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Van Nistelrooy, -potential

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

Why not Tomasson? Blackburn played us off the park earlier in the season despite missing two of their best players. An international of some repute, and an up and coming young manager who is already getting results.  Wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be against him.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

The maybe and two yes managers I wouldn’t go anywhere near..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

Is your brother Rudkin?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

:nigel:

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Why not Tomasson? Blackburn played us off the park earlier in the season despite missing two of their best players. An international of some repute, and an up and coming young manager who is already getting results.  Wouldn't be my first choice, but I wouldn't be against him.

The general feeling across Blackburn fans seems to be that a good chunk like him, while a fair chunk are still unsure. 

He led them to their highest finish since they dropped back to the Championship in 12/13. 

Plus they would have probably made the play-offs if they actually backed him in January, they fvcked up the Lewis O’Brien transfer, while they also lacked a quality number 9. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

The general feeling across Blackburn fans seems to be that a good chunk like him, while a fair chunk are still unsure. 

He led them to their highest finish since they dropped back to the Championship in 12/13. 

Plus they would have probably made the play-offs if they actually backed him in January, they fvcked up the Lewis O’Brien transfer, while they also lacked a quality number 9. 

Didn't someone post some stats displaying that his football style maybe somewhat ponderous and dull? They weren't that game against us, but in fairness we have made a lot if shit teams look good this year and last tbf! 

31 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

No the likes of Tommasson, Carrick, Duff, Robins but yes to Wilder and Benitez (granted he's a least always been a good manager). Thank god you're not in charge, although maybe you are as I imagine this is how our backwards, out of touch board will look at it!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Smith, - maybe

Tomasson, - no

Carrick, -no

Benitez, - yes

Vieira, -no

Robins, -no

Wilder,-yes

Duff, -no

I'd go along with you for the most part (in that you're not keen on too many of them!), but be more positive about Robins, possibly even Tomasson and Carrick, and very slightly less so about Van Nistelrooy and Smith. I'm sure the names of Corberan, Nuno and Pearson have also cropped up in preliminary discussions, along with Wilder. I suspect Potter, maybe Benitez, are less of an option now, and I'm still not 100% convinced that - as much as I rate them - either is quite right for us. But I could easily be wrong. I hope we steer clear of Lampard, Mowbray, Marsch, Martin (has he left Swansea yet?), Solskjaer, Jones and Hasenhuttl. I can't decide whether to add Gerrard to that list too.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a surprise contender came into the mix. Maybe an unexpected EPL sacking (Dyche, Cooper, Moyes) or some cool-sounding but totally unsuitable chap who's worked wonders in Sweden or Scotland or Belgium or somewhere which leaves you equally unprepared for a long slog in the FLC.

10 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Didn't someone post some stats displaying that his football style maybe somewhat ponderous and dull? They weren't that game against us, but in fairness we have made a lot if shit teams look good this year and last tbf! 

Their pressing game against us worked fantastically. 

I follow this Blackburn fan on Twitter, and the general feeling I’ve got from him is that Tomasson is a work in progress but there’s a lot to like. 

They have the 2nd youngest squad in the division, so a bit of inexperience probably also played a part last season. 

They did lack goals compared to many other teams, but missing a better number 9 did affect them. 

• Like 1