Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

32 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I reckon 90% suggesting Parker have no idea he’s had another job since Bournemouth and stunk the place out there too lol 

To be honest, I really respect him for trying to go abroad and manage a Champions League team.

Still pretty new to management he could have easily avoided that job but good on him for trying.

Also David Moyes failed abroad and bounced back well.

Parker isn't my first choice but I wouldn't mind him here, but rather go for someone more experienced though.

He's not my first choice but Scott Parker is who I see it being given he's out of a job, has recent experience of promotion (twice), just ticks their sort of boxes. To be honest if he got us up and he wasn't good enough in the PL then I think I could deal with that? Providing we didn't then keep him until 2nd April of course.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

I reckon 90% suggesting Parker have no idea he’s had another job since Bournemouth and stunk the place out there too lol 

What do you mean by "too"? Are you suggesting he stunk somewhere else out? I don't think I've seen anybody on here say they're dead keen on Parker, just that it wouldn't be the worst appointment. Besides, I haven't seen exactly what happened for him at Club Brugge but some people's criteria for being the right fit for this job is so ridiculous, next I'll be reading anybody that has ever lost a match isn't good enough for us. He's much less of a risk than someone like Duff, who, as much as I wouldn't be against him, we'd be taking a gamble on him working at a level he's never worked at, at a much bigger club with much higher expectations. 

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I know talk is cheap but I like what he says here.

Mostly about always taking on hard & difficult jobs.

Well he would have a very difficult one here if he comes, wouldn't mind him here at all.

He is a good manager

• Like 1

I think Parker has screwed himself out of a few jobs. Basically did a mini Brendan: threw his owners and players under the bus after 4 games and a massive defeat. But they had sense to sack him. Surely he must have known what the budget was going into the season. 

Most owners will accept you doing badly, but not mugging them off as soon as it starts to get tough. Any club he interviews for now are going to be worried if they get promoted and it starts to go badly. He's probably learned his lesson. But it's then compounded by the fact his assistant has kept Bournemouth up with games to spare - and he's had another shocking appointment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

I think Parker has screwed himself out of a few jobs. Basically did a mini Brendan: threw his owners and players under the bus after 4 games and a massive defeat. But they had sense to sack him. Surely he must have known what the budget was going into the season. 

Most owners will accept you doing badly, but not mugging them off as soon as it starts to get tough. Any club he interviews for now are going to be worried if they get promoted and it starts to go badly. He's probably learned his lesson. But it's then compounded by the fact his assistant has kept Bournemouth up with games to spare - and he's had another shocking appointment.

Also helped with being able to spend over X2 the amount Parker did last summer in January. 

• Like 1

Corberan wouldn't be a bad shout my father in law is a Huddersfield  Town fan and i went to watch them a couple times with him when Corberan was there and they played some decent stuff and pressed in units. The squad he had was pretty mediocre and he managed to get a tune out of them also knows the championship

53 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Carlos Corberan linked with Leeds this morning. Definitely one to be monitoring

He has a history with them and a good relationship with their board.  Either he wouldn’t go to either of us or he’d go to Leeds, but if they want him he’s not choosing us over them.

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

What do you mean by "too"? Are you suggesting he stunk somewhere else out? I don't think I've seen anybody on here say they're dead keen on Parker, just that it wouldn't be the worst appointment. Besides, I haven't seen exactly what happened for him at Club Brugge but some people's criteria for being the right fit for this job is so ridiculous, next I'll be reading anybody that has ever lost a match isn't good enough for us. He's much less of a risk than someone like Duff, who, as much as I wouldn't be against him, we'd be taking a gamble on him working at a level he's never worked at, at a much bigger club with much higher expectations. 

He's a dresses smart and talks well fella, the sort that will get a job because he's interviewed well. The world is full of them, not just football. 

Of course, just my opinion, but the polar oposite to him (tracksuit and rough round the edges) took over at Bournemouth after Parker had claimed it was an impossible job.... didn't turn out too badly for him did it.

Plenty of good managers out there for what we need.

I must admit that Duff is beginning to grow on me and looks like a boss going in the right direction with good things said about him. Good man management will be important next season as the players who do stay will need an injection of self-belief after having it ripped out of them this season. They are good players and they need to believe it again.

Hassenhuttl managed to keep his job after two 9-0 defeats and Southampton have absolutely gone downhill since he left; even after those two spankings they weren't in real danger of dropping until after they sacked him. He's also worked with Glover before, so you'd hope the rebuild would go reasonably well.

Parker is good in the Championship, but we don't need a short term appointment unless they can also negotiate the first season back in the PL if we get promoted. He isn't that guy.

Benitez would be though. Done it under much worse circumstances at Newcastle and kept them up comfortably the following season. The football wouldn't be nice, but we've hardly been treated to a feast these past two seasons and he'd at least steady the ship. Offer a two year contract with chunky promotion and survival bonuses and see where it gets us.