Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

The club is what it’s always been, with possibly more money than we used to have. One team out of about 40+ who can have long spells in the Prem but also have spells outside it.

We aren’t much different to the Everton, Palace, Wolves of this world. We cannot be a future ‘top 6’ unless we consistently pay ‘top 6’ wages.

And the manager you are describing is Big Nige.

This is all true but we were operating as the 7th biggest club in all regards when Rodgers was here. Until the last season. 7th biggest transfer spend, 8th biggest wages. Not to mention our manager's salary was 4th/th highest.

We had everything established to be top half for a long, long time and got so arrogant. 

Top's statement just about summed up that arrogance too. Yeah I've done nothing you all asked of me all year, not corresponded with you and I'm going to have a pop back at you all after ****ing the club up. Great stuff Top.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Leicesterpool suggesting managers that had their heyday with the iPod Nano is one of my favourite FoxesTalk tropes.

Leftfield suggestion but Aidy Boothroyd?

Paul Simpson? Did alright with England youth and has recently got Carlisle promoted. The sort of young manager to give us some lenor freshness 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Ominously quiet, it's going to be Smith isn't it.

Me from a few weeks back hates myself for saying it, but as long as the team includes Shakey and Terry I’m oddly ok with it. I have bigger concerns they will spend the next 6 weeks trying to chase down managers I don’t think we will get. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't be delighted or excited, but he did well at this level with Villa and knows who's leaving and the squad. If Shakespeare and Terry stay with him, and the money from Maddison, Barnes and any other departures is invested wisely, it might not be a horror show.

It would show a worrying lack of imagination though.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Easy choice for Top, which makes it the most likely.

If he doesn't start well, the place will get toxic much quicker than if it was a fresh Manager with new ideas. 

There are upsides to someone who has had time to fully assess the squad, but I still think a complete reset is needed and that means a new Manager and coaching set up altogether. 

28 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Paul Simpson? Did alright with England youth and has recently got Carlisle promoted. The sort of young manager to give us some lenor freshness 

Carlisle is my second club and although I'd hate for Carlisle to lose Simpson (again!), the last description I'd use for him, is, "young manager".

He has been pretty good for Carlisle, but has a mixed record with other clubs.

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

I wouldn't be delighted or excited, but he did well at this level with Villa and knows who's leaving and the squad. If Shakespeare and Terry stay with him, and the money from Maddison, Barnes and any other departures is invested wisely, it might not be a horror show.

It would show a worrying lack of imagination though.

He knows who is leaving? It was only 4 days ago he said he didn’t know was out of contract 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

No rumors,  no links,  nothing?

So quiet thought there would have been some sort of statement thanking Smith and Co for their efforts or something. 

Surely even our board know the importance of sorting this quickly. 

Think we need a decent rumour to keep us fresh and hopeful .... 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

So quiet thought there would have been some sort of statement thanking Smith and Co for their efforts or something. 

You said the other day we would be pleasantly surprised how fast they would act!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

It’s been three days since we got relegated. I’d rather they took a little longer to make the right appointment rather than rush to make the wrong one just to appease anxious fans…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You said the other day we would be pleasantly surprised how fast they would act!!!

I thought they would.

Can I not have an opinion?

I still think they will announce something before the end of the week.

They can't keep us in the dark much longer surely? 

• Haha 2