Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

No rumors,  no links,  nothing?

So quiet thought there would have been some sort of statement thanking Smith and Co for their efforts or something. 

Surely even our board know the importance of sorting this quickly. 

Can any ITKs put his mind at rest?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As long as it’s not Gerrard or Lampard. Feels like both get jobs on the back of their playing reputations (which they were both fantastic players) rather than being good coaches/managers.

Would much rather someone who has played at a good level but cut their teeth as a manager and worked up. Which is why Michael Duff intrigues me. 

Of the same names that go round, I wouldn’t be completely against Hassenhuttl. Or that other Red Bill coach, Jaissle(?).

I like Robins but he signed the new contract. 

Schumacher from from Plymouth but would he leave them having just for up? Same as with Duff but got the promotion.

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

As long as it’s not Gerrard or Lampard. Feels like both get jobs on the back of their playing reputations (which they were both fantastic players) rather than being good coaches/managers.

Would much rather someone who has played at a good level but cut their teeth as a manager and worked up. Which is why Michael Duff intrigues me. 

Of the same names that go round, I wouldn’t be completely against Hassenhuttl. Or that other Red Bill coach, Jaissle(?).

Schumacher from from Plymouth but would he leave them having just for up? Same as with Duff but got the promotion.

Jaissle intrigues me, but I also remember Marsch coming with a similar background and reputation. I think it would be a gamble the club would be unwilling to take. 

Guaranteed we’ll go with someone with premiership or championship experience. I’m not sure about Hassenhutl. I do think he’s a decent manager but I can’t believe an adequate coach would lose 9 nil twice. And not of learnt something from the first one. I also remember him crying on the touch line after winning his first match against Klopp. Seems similar to Rodgers if plan a is working he’s fine but found wanting when plan b is needed. 

Guest lcfc80
2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

He is not the worst shout at all….he struggled at Villa but was a success at Rangers …..he has a point to prove, can relate to modern players, good coach in Gary Mac, won’t mess with ego, been there and done it as a player…….not saying he would be top,of my list just giving some balance ……

That's how I look at it, learnt teaching the youth sides at Liverpool, got an opportunity at Rangers and did well, especially well in Europe by their standards, and especially Scottish teams standard. Tried his arm at Villa and it didn't work out but they needed an elite 20 year experienced manager to step in. Win rate wasn't much worse than Smiths at Villa and that included being in the championship with Grealish in the team. 

People calling for Carrick, (can't see him leaving there for us), not too dissimilar, both didn't rush in to first team managing, learned before jumping in, took a championship team and molded it to what he want, like Gerrard could. People judging on a club that no one had any success at for years with Villa 

Smith might do well here but I can't help but feel, the recent past has proven, managers on the up that don't view having to drop down to the Championship again succeed more than those like Smith. All three promoted teams this season have been young, progressive managers. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Smith might do well here but I can't help but feel, the recent past has proven, managers on the up that don't view having to drop down to the Championship again succeed more than those like Smith. All three promoted teams this season have been young, progressive managers. 

Agreed. 

Everyone in here seems obsessed with experience for some reason. 

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

Someone whose got a promotion from that league recently is the absolute prerequisite 

So the list is Parker, Farke, Wilder, Bilic, Warnock, Nuno from about the last 5 years. Some are still in a strong position like Frank, Silva obviously the 3 promoted teams this year. I'd rather have someone who just has a promotion then you can include Duff, Robins and McKenna

Edited by Beachyboy

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

Is that Vag Jaissle from Red Bull? He's a right bright one apparently.