Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I think Dean Smith falls into the category of 'we could do worse'. My biggest concern about him is that he doesn't really seem to have a recognisable playing style. I understand not seeing that in the 8 games he had here because he had to get results by whatever means necessary and he didn't have time to really put a stamp on how he wants us to play, but it was one of his biggest criticisms at Norwich and at Villa. I just think he's a decent championship manager. I'm certainly not enthusiastic about the prospect of him being our permanent manager. 

I think keeping Smith avoids any possibility of the complete disaster of a successive relegation happening but I wouldn't be confident of bouncing straight back under him. 

• Like 1

Guest lcfc80
2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Yes please, always wanted a Dutch manager 

Imagine the scenes of the online meltdowns from Celtic fans if we nicked another one of their managers lol

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'll be surprised if any backroom staff changes. Rudkin might throw an analyst and a physio under the bus after reviewing his performance.

i've seen the review and its recommendations - we're releasing wellens, the birch and the fella who plays the horn .....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

Imagine the scenes of the online meltdowns from Celtic fans if we nicked another one of their managers lol

They'll certainly be rejoicing in the streets of Rotterdam that one of their own will be managing in the mighty Skybet 

Guest lcfc80
3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

They'll certainly be rejoicing in the streets of Rotterdam that one of their own will be managing in the mighty Skybet 

I'm sure someone will bite lol

Am I utterly delusional for thinking that we’d still be an attractive proposition for Potter?

He got a massive payoff at Chelsea and can rebuild his reputation/convalesce at Leicester, which must be a great place to work in terms of facilities. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Am I utterly delusional for thinking that we’d still be an attractive proposition for Potter?

He got a massive payoff at Chelsea and can rebuild his reputation/convalesce at Leicester, which must be a great place to work in terms of facilities. 

It's not completely beyond the realms of possibility, but I highly doubt that it will happen. His stock is still high enough to land a decent premier league job. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

But what I would say is that IF the club were to pull it off, it would be a huge statement of intent and would go a long way to getting people back on side. 

5 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Realistically the only offer he's like to get for a team that will definitely be above us in 3 years is possibly Spurs. Places like Palace and Everton take a long time to change the culture of mediocrity, we had 9 years in the big league with success and the majority of our fans meekly accepted relegation. How long would it take for those fans to Realistically believe they can do anything consistently?

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's not completely beyond the realms of possibility, but I highly doubt that it will happen. His stock is still high enough to land a decent premier league job. 

It’s going to be Smith, isn’t it?

Just now, Finnegan said:

How many times does it need to be said next manager markets mean fvck all. 

Unless they are for other clubs and Steven Gerrard is the favorite. Then they are brilliant! 

• Haha 1